Kimberly Potter Trial

• Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

After being involved in a criminal case, the sad thing is you are guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around…the media is only giving you what they want you to hear, look at the Rittenhouse case

Reef W

Throw out whatever hypotheticals you want man, has anyone ever heard of a worker anywhere else go to jail?

Trial date set for former Vanderbilt nurse accused of administering patient fatal dose

Meant to use Versed but grabbed Vecuronium instead and killed a patient, charged with reckless homicide. Trial isn’t until March though.

Deuces

Interesting, that’s good to know about those cases.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I think the important thing is that it’s not common and that you really have to screw up really bad to be criminally charged. You either need to ignore a lot of safety protocols or do something highly risky.

It’s my understanding that she was following her training about where the taser was supposed to be holstered. No negligence there.

Civil cases are a whole mother ballgame too. Police have qualified immunity so they are never personally liable for a lawsuit.

MX1825

We will have to see what charges are filed against a famous actor who shot someone by “accident”???

Ripjiggen

We will have to see what charges are filed against a famous actor who shot someone by “accident”???

I can’t in my mind compare these two cases.

Ripjiggen

Throw out whatever hypotheticals you want man, has anyone ever heard of a worker anywhere else go to jail?

Yes, doctors, nurses, police, military, etc.

Not common but does happen. Easy to google these.

Who says she is going to jail?

Back to my 4th bowl of popcorn…

MX1825

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MX1825 wrote:</div>

I can’t in my mind compare these two cases.

I’m not comparing them but both are claiming accident.

Ripjiggen

Ok but why does one have anything to do with the other?

Sorry just can’t get there…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Neither believed they had a loaded lethal weapon.
    Neither was trying to kill anybody.

Both claim accidental killing.

MX1825

Thanks Dutchy. Glad you explained it.

Ripjiggen

Pretty sure one knew there firearm was loaded and lethal as it is at all times..did she accidentally draw the wrong weapon? not on that jury so I will let them make that decision.

Beast

there will be a media circus as always, poor reporting, or half truth reporting to the public to fit that stations political stance., a sentence will be rendered.one side will say too harsh, one side will say it’s not enough. depends on the SJW if there will be more riots, in most part fueled by the media so some idiot can get his 15 min, of fame on the TV.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I believe many are moving to California where you can smash and grab, get caught and be released without bail.

It’s a beautiful country we live in.

MX1825

Ok rip. You’re right again. I thought I was on drunk buy thread.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

After being involved in a criminal case, the sad thing is you are guilty until proven innocent, not the other way around…the media is only giving you what they want you to hear, look at the Rittenhouse case

I believe many are moving to California where you can smash and grab, get caught and be released without bail.

It’s a beautiful country we live in.

I think I need another cocktail.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Have a double. toast

Pat K
    Empire, MN

One has extensive firearms training and the other is a moron that didn’t move to Canada when he promised to.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Is there any other kind?

MX1825

So rip are you saying Potter intentionally pulled her gun and shot the victim on purpose? Are claiming 1st degree murder?

Ripjiggen

I’m not claiming anything.
    I simply said I don’t think the two instances you were comparing or not comparing are all that comparable…

MX1825

I wasn’t comparing them either. I asked what charges would be filed against a famous actor claiming an “accident”

My last post on this thread.

Ripjiggen

I wasn’t comparing them either. I asked what charges would be filed against a famous actor claiming an “accident”

My last post on this thread.

waytogo

Jason

YEP
    YEP
    YEP
    Difference I see is that one defendant has BLM and the media going against them and one defendant doesn’t.

Feel bad for the lady.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

If you want informed reporting go to Rekieta Law’s live streaming of the trial on Youtube. He is a lawyer out of Spicer MN who live streaming of the Rittenhouse rivaled the audience of TV networks. He has has other lawyers on with him commenting most of the time. I watched some of his jury selection coverage. The inside baseball of what is going on is fascinating.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

She took a dangerous criminal off the streets. Not sure why there is a trial. Guess the judge is upset he didn’t get a chance to put this criminal back on the streets.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.