Kimberly Potter Trial

• Paul D
    Roseville

It was a tragic mistake, and we wouldn’t be having this conversation had Mr. Wright complied, went to jail and took care of his warrants instead of running away. Guess he couldn’t adult that day.

Curious on stance from Mr. Sharpton on Mr. Wrights background? Any sympathy or compassion for the victims or their families?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs
    Structural Iron and Steel Workers. …
    Farmers, Ranchers and Agricultural Managers. …
    Truck Drivers and Other Drivers. …
    Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors. …
    Roofers. …
    Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers. …
    Fishers and Related Fishing Workers. …
    Logging Workers.

I gotta believe armed robbery and assault fit in there someplace?

B-man

Top 10 Most Dangerous Jobs
    Structural Iron and Steel Workers. …
    Farmers, Ranchers and Agricultural Managers. …
    Truck Drivers and Other Drivers. …
    Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors. …
    Roofers. …
    Aircraft Pilots and Flight Engineers. …
    Fishers and Related Fishing Workers. …
    Logging Workers.

I gotta believe armed robbery and assault fit in there someplace?

applause

Duh….it’s off the books. You just have to keep running from the cops to make it in that career.

Sometimes it doesn’t work out though

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Disturbing yes, but what would you do if it was your kid? She’s pissed and I get it.

You may not believe me on this. But if the same thing happened to my child in the exact same circumstances as this one did. The only response I would be giving the media or the other involved would an apology. I would apologize for the stupid mistake my child made and I’d apologize for the poor job of parenting I had done. I feel certain that I can say that with a great deal of certainty. I hope I never have to be in that situation to prove this statement correct.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Apparently Daunte Wrights mother has several priors. I can’t confirm this but you have to wonder if the Mother played a role in his lifestyle if that’s the case.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

My .02 cents is that the entire incident escalated out of control and there is culpability on both sides. Daunte’s lead to his being shot. Kimberly’s was shooting rather then using her taser. They both face consequences for their actions. Would X occurred if Y didn’t do this or that? We can all theorize. If my behavior constitutes a crime, I get the sentence. We can’t rewrite the law to fit the persona of the players.

Daunte is a good example of a kid growing up in a culture that doesn’t assume you will go to jail or get shot. IMHO , the question facing him isn’t if he will go to jail, but when? It’s like an entire collection of folks who grow up not seeing any other choice. Not if, but when?

Viewing 7 posts - 301 through 307 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.