Kimberly Potter Trial

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Agree with Mike. Attempt to flee an officer trying to take a criminal off the streets and you should expect to get shot. (The guy had a warrant out for his arrest.) There should be no charges. They should take that video and show it in every school across the country. Teach these stupid kids what happens when you decide to make terrible choices. Kim Potter is a hero in my eyes. Hoping for an acquittal here.

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Hero might be a tab bit strong. I don’t see the video showing anything other than a honest mistake so unless there is other damning evidence we haven’t seen I think she walks also.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Agree with Mike. Attempt to flee an officer trying to take a criminal off the streets and you should expect to get shot. (The guy had a warrant out for his arrest.) There should be no charges. They should take that video and show it in every school across the country. Teach these stupid kids what happens when you decide to make terrible choices. Kim Potter is a hero in my eyes. Hoping for an acquittal here.

-J.

Yeah, back when I was 19 we used to get shot at all the time running from the cops when we were drinking in the woods. Of course none of us had any criminal records but that never mattered. The only reason no one got shot was because we were fast runners.

We should just discuss the elephant in the rooms and say these inner city kids just aren’t good at running from the cops./s

Beast

I must be really out of the loop now days, I don’t understand how these kids think they can get away with resisting arrest of fleeing the cops with all the camera’s on the cops and other police technology. I bet in most cases they would get a slap on the fingers and let go on the spot, and if they did get arrested they would be back on the streets before the paperwork got done.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

She took a dangerous criminal off the streets. Not sure why there is a trial. Guess the judge is upset he didn’t get a chance to put this criminal back on the streets.

People may agree with taking a dangerous criminal off the streets (many of us here do). However, the law says that the criminal still has rights even if they’re a POS. Potter is getting her day in court as protected by the Bill of Rights…and so should have the criminal.

To be repetitive, I’m still baffled this did not get plead out. The mistake may have been in the heat of the moment in a tough situation doing a tough job, but it was still a mistake that is punishable by law with some clearly obvious video evidence vocalizing a mistake. I cannot imagine the state wouldn’t want to avoid the chaos of a trial and offer a deal with her pleading guilty to 2nd degree manslaughter and looking at ways to retain her pension and not serving the maximum sentence. It’d be interesting to know what was/wasn’t offered and what the defense team may have turned down.

For Predictions:
    I’d gladly accept any and all wagers from people who think she will be fully acquitted. To me, I think the 1st degree manslaughter charge would be tough to prove…but I think the 2nd degree manslaughter charge is going to stick. The real unknown is what the sentencing will look like. I believe the guidelines for 2nd degree manslaughter list imprisonment for no more than 10 years. Her record is clean and she’s showed obvious remorse.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

People may agree with taking a dangerous criminal off the streets (many of us here do). However, the law says that the criminal still has rights regardless of it they’re a POS.

That’s correct. Even criminals are entitled to due process. Not instant death.

He may have been a punk ass criminal that made a poor decision, but the officer also clearly made a very poor decision as well.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m baffled by some of the takes on this. I’m glad to see any criminal, especially violent repetitive criminals, off the streets. However, it seems like nowadays it’s hard to find people who truly, actually support the constitution and believe we should live by it. The means that means we enjoy firearms rights but also have to tolerate flag burning because the court ruled it’s protected by the 1st amendment. And yes, that means all Americans are protected by due process.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>
    People may agree with taking a dangerous criminal off the streets (many of us here do). However, the law says that the criminal still has rights regardless of it they’re a POS.

He may have been a punk ass criminal that made a poor decision, but the officer also clearly made a very poor decision as well.

He was running away from his rights. The officers where there to try and give him his day in court and he did not want that. So he decided to break the law again causing the actions that took his life. It’s a shame what he did to these police officers in the process. To bad there is not a way to punish this criminal further.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

since its near impossible to “qoute” a post here………referring to B-man’s post i didnt realize he was in that much trouble to start witjh, yet they picture him in the news like and outstanding poster boy!!!!!! doah

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

He was running away from his rights. The officers where there to try and give him his day in court and he did not want that. So he decided to break the law again causing the actions that took his life. It’s a shame what he did to these police officers in the process. To bad there is not a way to punish this criminal further.

Amen to that, Mike!

-J.

B-man

since its near impossible to “qoute” a post here………referring to B-man’s post i didnt realize he was in that much trouble to start witjh, yet they picture him in the news like and outstanding poster boy!!!!!! doah

Yep, he was a complete piece of dogshit.

The news portrays him much differently than he really was. One cute picture of him holding a kid has a lot of influence, but don’t be fooled, he was a very bad person.

He wasn’t being detained for an air freshener or expired tabs.

HE HELD A GUN TO A WOMAN’S HEAD, CHOKED HER, AND THREATENED TO KILL HER. THERE WAS ALSO A CIVIL SUIT AGAINST HIM FOR SHOOTING SOMEONE ELSE IN THE HEAD.

He should be sitting in prison right now getting his ass pounded (and I wish he was), but instead he was accidentally killed by a police officer trying to detain him and keep the world safe from him robbing more people at gunpoint (and possibly murdering others).

Always remember, his choice of the thug life put himself in that situation to begin with.

He absolutely did not deserve to die for his actions that day, but he certainly earned it (read that twice).

So yeah, not a lot of sympathy from me. Ignorant woke people will think I’m racist for saying that, but I would have the exact same opinion if he was white, black, yellow, purple, or pink. If you think Daunte Wright (who was as much white as he was black FYI) was a saint and Kim Potter should rot in hell there is something seriously wrong with you.

Dirt bags come in all colors, and I hate all of them equally. Good people come in all colors, and I love them all equally.

Kim Potter will live with her mistake for the rest of her life regardless of the outcome of her trial. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

B-man nails it! bow

-J.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It really concerns me where some of you are getting your news. I never thought some of you would be paying attention to the liberal media sources.

No doubt the major news outlets are ignoring Daunte Wright’s track record on the far left. While on the far right, Rittenhouse is a hero even though most here said he went out looking for trouble and found it.

Seems like the real beef with this case is the media. I’ve seen several posts here over the years about people wondering where everyone gets their news.

I guess I just don’t understand the the constant outrage about the news. If you don’t like what you see and hear, turn it off.

I found this app that shows you the left/right coverage of each news story. It gives you a good understanding of the coverage bias before you even read the story. You can choose left/middle/right news sources if you want.

https://ground.news/

nord

Here is what a sheriff had to say when we asked him about the situation. He said his deputies get extensive training in this type of action. If you shoot with your right hand you have to reach across your body to grab your taser,and it’s handle has an entirely different feel. We then ask what she might get. The only thing he said was that she did kill someone.

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

How come the officer that lost control of this career criminal is not facing any discipline? He’s the real problem. I’m sure they knew who they were dealing with before they got him out of the car. Every year officers are shot by criminals getting back in the vehicle where they have a weapon. He’s the one that lost control of this criminal. He’s the one that destroyed two lives.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

He was a rookie in training.

-J.

Deuces

ow come the officer that lost control of this career criminal is not facing any discipline? He’s the real problem

We have to remember the context in which this event happened. Not too long after Floyd, the area in which it happened I know very well, lots of rentals, lots of folks out and about walking around. Physical aggression towards what seems to be an unarmed black kid at the time wouldn’t have gone over well with all the folks around.

Not saying it’s right, but cops were and still are in a very difficult situation dealing with these types of situations. It’s a lose lose for them.

Every government official who ever uttered defund the police should go to court for such nonsense and complete lack of foresight of what type of behaviors would come from it.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

just so we are clear, we are using allegations, as opposed to proven convictions in the court of law, published by the media, the media we also blame for mis-characterizing this kid, the media that we on this forum constantly call disgusting liars, to come to the conclusion that it was a good thing he was shot rather than arrested…. So the source we use to get information which allows us to announce this police officer is a hero is also the source at fault for all the misinformation in this story and this country…

My takeaway is its sorry to see so many people that are ok with bypassing Americans rights. Before you call me a sympathizer im not – run from the police and you run the risk of this happening – but last time i checked a man is innocent until proven guilty in this country and to say you are fine with him being shot based off of some stories in the paper, the same paper you say spreads lies constantly, is a joke.

since we are playing that game i vote the police take James and Jennifer Crumbley out back and execute them right now. just read a completely factual news report that they used to go get drunk while leaving their young son home alone with unsecured firearms to go along with the obvious running from the law when there was a warrant out for them

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

He was a rookie in training.

Seems to be a pattern developing here. The three officers playing patsy with George Floyd. Maybe they should watch a few more training films and work on more flare buttons before they serve the public.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sure does seem like a pattern and it has nothing to do with the police.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

If anyone was wondering why Daunte Wright resisted arrest.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/apr/14/daunte-wright-had-open-warrant-choking-threatening/?utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_medium=cpc&utm_id=chacka&utm_campaign=TWT+-+DSA

There was also this going on

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kare11.com/amp/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-lawsuit-claims-daunte-wright-shot-a-teenager/89-e0810410-f055-4bb0-9d67-7467939508c8

thats crazy..i knew he was no saint but didnt realize all this. and all the pictures they show make him look like an angel????

Brad Dimond

No saint, still didn’t earn death. Charging Potter with 1st & 2nd degree manslaughter is absurd. At most, she is guilty of involuntary manslaughter. There was no intent but she was grossly negligent.

Another instance where a cascade of bad decisions led to a tragic outcome.

genegr
    Chippewa Falls, WI

No saint, still didn’t earn death. Really think this POS was going back to prison without taking a life. Watch the Waukesha Christmas parade a couple times. Like George Floyd these criminals break the law every day just to survive. Their always running from a warrant. If they were in prison where they belong we wouldn’t have our police officers sitting in prison. Good luck Kimberly.

Leftysrconfused

I think death was earned. Deadly force was the best option to stop a criminal from getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle which is also a deadly force. None of the other criminal offences this guy has committed really mean a thing in this case.
    Anyone who thinks differently, can you tell me how long it would have taken slime ball to slam that car into gear and kill everyone on sight?
    Criminals with a warrant don’t get the benefit of the doubt on any issue while they are trying to add more charges to they’re rap sheet. They cannot be trusted or treated humanely while still continuing to resist arrest.

the_hat
    SE Metro

I’ll take a seat on B-man’s side of the bus…….
    waytogo

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Subd. 2.Use of deadly force. (a) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 609.06 or 609.065, the use of deadly force by a peace officer in the line of duty is justified only if an objectively reasonable officer would believe, based on the totality of the circumstances known to the officer at the time and without the benefit of hindsight, that such force is necessary:
    (1) to protect the peace officer or another from death or great bodily harm, provided that the threat:

(i) can be articulated with specificity by the law enforcement officer;

(ii) is reasonably likely to occur absent action by the law enforcement officer; and

(iii) must be addressed through the use of deadly force without unreasonable delay; or

(2) to effect the arrest or capture, or prevent the escape, of a person whom the peace officer knows or has reasonable grounds to believe has committed or attempted to commit a felony and the officer reasonably believes that the person will cause death or great bodily harm to another person under the threat criteria in clause (1), items (i) to (iii), unless immediately apprehended.

(b) A peace officer shall not use deadly force against a person based on the danger the person poses to self if an objectively reasonable officer would believe, based on the totality of the circumstances known to the officer at the time and without the benefit of hindsight, that the person does not pose a threat of death or great bodily harm to the peace officer or to another under the threat criteria in paragraph (a), clause (1), items (i) to (iii).

The warrant was for failure to pay a $188. disorderly conduct conviction.

Leftysrconfused

I have heard very little about Dauntee shooting someone in the head. Is this information a lie or hoax? Have charges ever been filed? Where does that case stand?

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

B-man nails it! bow

-J.

X2 – Yes he did. I have a hard time feeling bad for this POS or his family. I also don’t believe that Kimberly Potter will or should walk away without some punishment. I believe what she did was a mistake, but a mistake that never should have been made. All these case’s against police officers is doing is making fewer and fewer of the good people who want to go into law enforcement decide not to. At the same time its teaching criminals to not listen to or cooperate with law enforcement and hope to get themselves or their families a huge payday. Its also going to make current law enforcement delay in making some decisions that will end up leading to their deaths. Nothing good is coming out of trials like these.

B-man

BK

Do you happen to know what his Gross Misdemeanor Warrant was for??

Wait for it……

It was for illegally possessing a pistol and running from the cops with it!

Weird huh?

His decision to be a bad ass street thug was probably going to end his life one way or another. Whether it would have been from the police or another thug….

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20211207-1005202.png

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 307 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.