Kicker motor mounting height on WX2060 w/setback

• sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

I have a 2016 WX2060 with the 8″ setback on both motors. I have had the prop on the kicker motor come partially out of the water while trolling in rough water (it was trimmed all the way down). This tells me that it should possibly be mounted a bit lower on the transom. It looks like the setback mount raises the motor a bit higher than it would be if it was mounted directly to the transom. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, is there a fix? I have also noticed that reverse is not very effective because much of the thrust hits the back of the boat which works against you. Again, if the motor was mounted a bit lower, this would not happen.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Is it a 20″ or 25″ shaft?

sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

Sorry I am so slow in responding, but I have been out of town and away from my computer.
    The shaft is 25″. It is the package that Skeeter is currently putting out with the WX2060.

huskerdu

My kicker 25″ will come out in 3-4′ foot waves. Never tried to use it in reverse?
    Are you using the kicker to slow down when trolling with the wind? Filling the live well will help.

sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

The same kicker on my wx1900 never came out of the water in high waves and had a lot rear thrust when needed. I’m questioning whether my kicker is mounted properly with the 8″ setback. I understand that if the main motor is mounted on a setback, that the kicker needs to be mounted on a setback also. I am hoping that there is more than one way to assemble the setback for the kicker that would place it at a lower level.
    Could someone at SBC comment on this? Have any of their customers with this boat noticed anything similar to my experience?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Sod,
    Sorry, we are pretty hectic these days trying to get boats ready & rigged. I just ran my 2190 with setback this past weekend with no issue. Fyi, the kicker & setback are shipped loose and the dealer installs if I recall correctly. If you could email or post a few pics of the actual install, that might help to see how or what is the actual application.

sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

Thanks Dean. Here are a couple of pictures. It looks like there are mounting holes that could drop the height almost two inches unless there is some reason it would interfere with the main engine steering linkage.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_09491.jpg

2. IMG_09461.jpg

Bryan Myers

Hey sod, from the pictures it looks like the set back is mounted to the boat fine but the engine defiantly needs to slide down the rest of the way. When I mount the engine I always put it down all the way and then the holes that are pre drilled in the set back will line up almost perfect with the mounting holes on the engine bracket. I normally will just have to run a 5/16″ drill bit through the holes to be able to get the bolts in.

sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

Hey Bryan-
    Thanks! I will get it lowered.

sod_farmer
    Sioux City, Iowa

Got it lowered to the lowest hole. Problem solved!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.