Past pics of some KS fishing trips

• walleye4
    On the Water

Thought I would post up some pics from past trips to Kansas.

A couple keeper saugeye from Norton Reservoir a few years ago. Fishhunter44 was with me on this trip.

Nice Wiper from Norton.

Big Kirwin Reservoir slab.

Fishhunter44 and I with 2 limits of SLAB crappies from Kirwin. These were caught on hard water!

A couple nice crappie from Wilson Reservoir.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Wow! That’s a pile of crappies! Thanks for the pics! Looks like you pull some from flooded timber, a very fun way to fish.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Good Lord Whats the limit in KS???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We have a 10 crappie limit here in MN so that looks like a good WEEK of fishing to us guys this far north.

Awesome slabs.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Quote:

Good Lord Whats the limit in KS???

I start to whine when I have to clean 10 crappies.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

I’d have to say the majority of the reservoirs in KS have an abundance of large crappies, most notably Kirwin. That place is just a crappie factory.

Mark

walleye4
    On the Water

The crappie population in most of Northern lakes is really dwindled. This is due in large part to LOW water. Most of these lakes are less than 50% full. That timber that is in the one pic I put on is around 3/4 – 1 mile from the lake now! At the time that fish was caught, we were fishing post spawn and that area was around 15′ deep at that time. That crappie in the pic was right close to 3# and 18 1/2″ long and was spawned out! We used to catch 30 or so that size every trip back in the mid 90’s. Kirwin, at one time was rated in the top 5 lakes in the US for trophy crappie.

The crappie limit in KS is 50. As far as cleaning goes, it only takes me about 30 min(w/ help) to clean 2 guys limits. Don’t take me long with a electric knife. I have cleaned enough crappie in the last 7-8 years that I can probab;y do it blind folded!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Ah, the memories…..I haven’t fished down in KS since we hauled up all those crappies shown in the pic with em on the board. I would love to make it back down there again sometime soon….maybe we can hit the ice again this year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.