Just curious

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Since we (or at least I am) are still having trouble staying logged in is it safe to assume Dave Lozier is no longer involved since James made his decision? Not banging on anybody but Dave always seemed on top of these things.

Coletrain27

Since we (or at least I am) are still having trouble staying logged in is it safe to assume Dave Lozier is no longer involved since James made his decision? Not banging on anybody but Dave always seemed on top of these things.

The problems have been around for me before James announced his news ???

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t stay logged in ever either, and lately can’t reply any quotes hardly

glenn57
    cold spring mn

if i remember the post he made i was under the impression he was done with the Tv show….but everything was to remain as is????

as coletrain said iit was happening to me to well before that announcement, its just a couple clicks to get back on but the quoting thing is horrible.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Dave is still a valued employee of IDMP. Dave is not working on anything related to keeping you guys logged in because we don’t have any idea what the issue is and we don’t personally have the same issues which makes it next to impossible to troubleshoot. If anyone has anything more concrete to share beyond “it’s broke, fix it” nothing will change.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m not trying to make light of anything here guys but imagine being asked to troubleshoot something you cannot reproduce yourself.

Iowaboy1

I’m not trying to make light of anything here guys but imagine being asked to troubleshoot something you cannot reproduce yourself.

Trying it from here

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks James. I can’t tell you anything about my issue other than I can log in and come and go sometimes 10 times with no issue, sometimes 7 times, sometimes days. No reason that I can figure out as to why some time it works other times it doesn’t. I can tell you that up until these issues started I never logged out and that lasted for years.

Oh well, is what it is I guess. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Iowaboy1

First time its worked in four or five months for me now.
    Still getting notifications that I have a reply to a thread I did not start.
    And, I am not subscribed to any threads yet I get notifications that one has updated.

Coletrain27

Today I tried to quote a long post and it would not work 3x. It seems like when it’s a longer post that I quote is when I have the problems if that makes sense. It doesn’t even give me a notification it normally returns me to the top of the page or the first page of the thread and my post that I wrote does not post

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Today I tried to quote a long post and it would not work 3x. It seems like when it’s a longer post that I quote is when I have the problems if that makes sense. It doesn’t even give me a notification it normally returns me to the top of the page or the first page of the thread and my post that I wrote does not post

test .

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

test .

Test. Now it will work lol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Seems the fine on a single quote. Just tried on a post with a 2nd qoute.. no go

It came up something to the extent checking if the site is secured and it was gone!

I appreciate your concerns Mr Holst!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Same here some days no problems and others I can’t stay logged in?

Attachments:
    1. BED84D8E-D050-4D8B-8376-51CCD623368B.gif

Coletrain27

Lol

Attachments:
    1. F78AC160-1140-4752-B8A2-A688CA55A01F.jpeg

Dan
    Southeast MN

I swear i got dizzy reading the triple quote.

basseyes

First world problems in a nutshell.

LabDaddy1

Yep, trying to respond with quotes is and has been horrible for a long time.

Kind of surprising to me that this is the first you(James) have heard of it, as there have been many, many conversations about it on here.

Also, am on mobile. Not sure how many of you all who are experiencing this issue are also on mobile.

Iowaboy1

Yep, trying to respond with quotes is and has been horrible for a long time.

Kind of surprising to me that this is the first you(James) have heard of it, as there have been many, many conversations about it on here.

Also, am on mobile. Not sure how many of you all who are experiencing this issue are also on mobile.

Seems the fine on a single quote. Just tried on a post with a 2nd qoute.. no go

It came up something to the extent checking if the site is secured and it was gone!

I appreciate your concerns Mr Holst!

Trying it from work computer.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Lately when I first try to go on IDO I will be logged out of Gen Discussion but logged in when I go to Ice Fishing, then when I go back to GD I’ll be logged in? It’s better than before when I had to log in every time.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have a saved login at my work computer it takes me right to the saved page that is logged in already and will stay logged in all day. I have to login on my phone but it also is saved so not a big deal. The quote thing seems to have issues with a double quote or sometimes if emoji’s are included.

Umy
    South Metro

Lately has been good.
    Posting pics has always been a problem for me but likely user error as the problem was not ALWAYS. ( for those of you that remember my “found” post……)

AS a software rep I can tell you what James has said is gospel. IF THERE IS ANY WAY to send the error message or anything that might be a clue that is the most helpful. Our techs live or die by troubleshooting in this way.
    If you can’t reproduce the problem you are dead in the water. If you have no clues to work on other than “it doesn’t work” you are dead in the water.
    In my opinion I just need to slow down and be patient. THe way it loads makes it seem like it isn’t working. The main message I get and “plow” through is the “Looks like you’ve already tried to post that” ( or close enough to those words)
    Again, user error

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Lately has been good.
    Posting pics has always been a problem for me but likely user error as the problem was not ALWAYS. ( for those of you that remember my “found” post……)

AS a software rep I can tell you what James has said is gospel. IF THERE IS ANY WAY to send the error message or anything that might be a clue that is the most helpful. Our techs live or die by troubleshooting in this way.
    If you can’t reproduce the problem you are dead in the water. If you have no clues to work on other than “it doesn’t work” you are dead in the water.
    In my opinion I just need to slow down and be patient. THe way it loads makes it seem like it isn’t working. The main message I get and “plow” through is the “Looks like you’ve already tried to post that” ( or close enough to those words)
    Again, user error

When you type up your respond and hit “submit reply” it just gets vaped and doesn’t give an error message.
    What works for me is to have another beer and go to the next thread.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

For me the login isn’t a big deal, but I do need to re-log in frequently. I don’t get any error messages. But I do use multiple devices and often hours pass between a quick browse through.

My most frustrating issue is posts that don’t go through. Most replies to someone post. I hit the submit reply and it appears to go through. Then later click on that post and my reply is nonexistent

glenn57
    cold spring mn

OK so i tried quoting Iowaboys post with multiple quotes on my home laptop…cause i am retired whistling and no work puter.

same thing happened it quickly went to the …….checking to see if site is secured…….then poof……no post and gone!!!!!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.