Just curious

• Dave maze
    Isanti

I just tried to quote the last 3 posts then hit reply. This is what I got before it went poof.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230308-082427_Chrome.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I just tried to quote the last 3 posts then hit reply. This is what I got before it went poof.

waytogo yep!!!!!!!

CaptainMusky

I’m not trying to make light of anything here guys but imagine being asked to troubleshoot something you cannot reproduce yourself.

The beauty of IT! Its like taking your car into the shop for an issue then the service shop cannot reproduce only to give it back to you and it continues to do it you take them for a drive and then it wont do it. LOL

CaptainMusky

My quoting issue seems to only crop up if there are emojis in it. If I quote it then delete the emojis it works fine.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The beauty of IT! Its like taking your car into the shop for an issue then the service shop cannot reproduce only to give it back to you and it continues to do it you take them for a drive and then it wont do it. LOL

That never happens at my shop! whistling

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Just a thought… Are any of you guys with issues using a VPN? I am not a tech guy at all, but the IT man where I worked briefly, said they cause issues with log-ins, etc. When it is running it logs you out and forces you to log back in to certain sites. It was a big issue with the office gals having to log in to facebook all the time, as they used Facebook for some marketing. It also effected the auto save on the written (typed) service reports. If you did not save it and got interrupted, there was good chance you were starting over when you got back to it. May be why it is not saving and transferring quotes. We had to copy and paste instead of using the quote button on the software we used. (It was not a forum, but mimicked one, when talking with customers over the ‘portal’)

CaptainMusky

I have the issue at home and at work. I do not have a VPN at home. I even have issues on my phone, but I dont use that as often.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Same. This is my laptop so no issue now. On my phone though this would be the exact message I get on almost all posts with quotes.

Dave maze
    Isanti

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dave maze wrote:</div>

Same. This is my laptop so no issue now. On my phone though this would be the exact message I get on almost all posts with quotes.

Dave maze
    Isanti

No issues with one quote.^^^

mojogunter

I have tried to reply on a few different topics and it wouldn’t let me. I thought I was banned. wink When I replied to a different topic it worked, so I have no idea what this issue is. Maybe I referred to myself as white trash and it blocked the post. That happened on twitter once when called myself white trash. I got a message that phrase was not allowed and on one would be able to see it.

mojogunter

Well the white trash thing wasn’t the issue.
    grin

I have tried to reply on a few different topics and it wouldn’t let me. I thought I was banned. wink When I replied to a different topic it worked, so I have no idea what this issue is. Maybe I referred to myself as white trash and it blocked the post. That happened on twitter once when called myself white trash. I got a message that phrase was not allowed and on one would be able to see it.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

When you look at all the different types of devices people use to log in like laptops computers, desktop computers, iPads, or telephones from any of several manufacturers, and then think about all the different versions of software all those devices might be using well it makes me glad I don’t do tech support anymore. Dave has an impossible job. I’d rather sort minnows.

SR

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.