It's Here……

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ve been sitting in the house for most of the weekend. I’m not quarentining myself but more so taking the approach that if I dont need anything may as well stay put. Wife is getting depressed and we are bickering back and forth, maybe that has played a part but I couldn’t much stand it anymore so i took my kiddos for a walk down to the park. It felt good to be out in the sunshine. There were other people out jogging or walking their dogs. The park is a close walk. I grabbed the dog and the frisbee and a few beers too. Down at the park there was a younger guy and his kid. Right away the kids started playing tag and the guy and I got to talking while taking turns throwing frisbee for my pup. Had good conversation for about 30 minutes. We talked about regular things and we talked a bit about the virus too. Our boys enjoyed a snack together and then it was time to head back. My new friend and I shook hands and said we would see each other around and the kids will play tag again soon.

This bug has everyone going sideways and it’s become a big weight on all of us. Felt really good to get back to a sense of normalcy and have the weight lifted.

Ice Cap

I’ve been sitting in the house for most of the weekend. I’m not quarentining myself but more so taking the approach that if I dont need anything may as well stay put. Wife is getting depressed and we are bickering back and forth, maybe that has played a part but I couldn’t much stand it anymore so i took my kiddos for a walk down to the park. It felt good to be out in the sunshine. There were other people out jogging or walking their dogs. The park is a close walk. I grabbed the dog and the frisbee and a few beers too. Down at the park there was a younger guy and his kid. Right away the kids started playing tag and the guy and I got to talking while taking turns throwing frisbee for my pup. Had good conversation for about 30 minutes. We talked about regular things and we talked a bit about the virus too. Our boys enjoyed a snack together and then it was time to head back. My new friend and I shook hands and said we would see each other around and the kids will play tag again soon.

This bug has everyone going sideways and it’s become a big weight on all of us. Felt really good to get back to a sense of normalcy and have the weight lifted.

Good for you. Need to keep things as normal as possible. Wife and I didn’t leave the place hardly all weekend. We had a little garage party last night with the kids stopping by for awhile and then later a friend and his wife stopped by. His mom had just passed that day and they stopped on the way home for a beer and company. They had come from the hospital and there were hugs all around. They said everything seemed to be normal at the hospital and around town. This is going to pass sooner than we think and trying to keep things as normal as possible and not contribute to the panic and some of the crazy stuff is the best remedy right now.

Help somebody out if you can. I visited with a elderly neighbor earlier as I seen him going out to his mail box. We chatted for about 15 minutes and the virus never came up. Supposed to get a couple inches of snow tonight so I told him I’d stop by and plow his driveway tomorrow like I always do. Normal stuff.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The only concern I have over this right now is my niece’s wedding and wether my 80 year old mom will be coming with everyone else. Sucks because had she scheduled 2 months either way it wouldn’t be an issue.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Well today it was announced everyone in my office is going remote. Guess I’ll be spending an awfully lot of time in the house. Not sure I’m too excited about having to try to work with 3,7,10 year old boys running around the house but I’m also thankful for having the ability to work from home

B-man

The sun will rise tomorrow and we will get through this.

Italy has taken the hardest hit by far, but step back and realize that as of now less than .5% of their population (half a percent or 1 in 200 people) have been infected.

Their infection rate per million people is currently 32 times higher than ours.

I’d like to think we’ll be able to stay well under those numbers with our approach. I pray for all.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Fake news protestors where you at?
    To lazy to take a stand? Hey, ready if you got the guts to take it to the next step. I will join you in front of the capital.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

The sun will rise tomorrow and we will get through this.

Italy has taken the hardest hit by far, but step back and realize that as of now less than .5% of their population (half a percent or 1 in 200 people) have been infected.

Their infection rate per million people is currently 32 times higher than ours.

I’d like to think we’ll be able to stay well under those numbers with our approach. I pray for all.

What does the infection rate mean when it comes to deaths or those that have minor symptoms? Man, you have to fallow up on that rather than I pray for all.
    And people bitc,h a bout the media.

B-man

To break it down, 7.5% of the .5% infection rate (of the population) of Italy have died. (2,150 deaths out of 60,400,000 people)

That breaks down to .0035% of their population (has died)

Not 1%

Not .5% (half percent)

Not .05% (five hundreths of a percent)

It’s 0.0035%

As I said before, they have 32 times more cases than we currently do.

In the winter of 2014-2015 more than 20,000 people in Italy died from the flu. (About 10X more than have currently died from Coronavirus)

Food for thought

I’m going to start a new thread about their rate to calm everyone the F down

B-man

The death rate isn’t the issue. It’s slowing the spread to not overload hospitals and cause even more problems such as Italy.

I agree, but it is being totally blown out of proportion.

Also, their death rate is exceptionally high due to their much older population.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’m fine with a respectful disagreement. What would you suggest be done then?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

That’s not a proven fact, it’s only your opinion.

Whether it is blown out of proportion is real or unreal…the effects, ramifications, closures, that are happening now are very real.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What I find to be interesting (and mind boggling) is how this whole thing can start with one person who decided to eat a bat or snake or some other questionable animal in a sketchy chinese market, and it can turn into a global problem from that kind of origin. It shows how interconnected all of us are on the entire planet. Hard for me to fathom that to be honest.

blank

What I find to be interesting (and mind boggling) is how this whole thing can start with one person who decided to eat a bat or snake or some other questionable animal in a sketchy chinese market, and it can turn into a global problem from that kind of origin. It shows how interconnected all of us are on the entire planet. Hard for me to fathom that to be honest.

WORD!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Interesting is a handful of viruses have replicated into gazillions spread across the globe and brought the human race to it’s knees within months.

A virus is an infectious agent that can only replicate within a host organism. Viruses can infect a variety of living organisms, including bacteria, plants, and animals. Viruses are so small that a microscope is necessary to visualize them, and they have a very simple structure. When a virus particle is independent from its host, it consists of a viral genome, or genetic material, contained within a protein shell called a capsid. In some viruses, the protein shell is enclosed in a membrane called an envelope. Viral genomes are very diverse, since they can be DNA or RNA, single- or double-stranded, linear or circular, and vary in length and in the number of DNA or RNA molecules.

The viral replication process begins when a virus infects its host by attaching to the host cell and penetrating the cell wall or membrane. The virus’s genome is uncoated from the protein and injected into the host cell. Then the viral genome hijacks the host cell’s machinery, forcing it to replicate the viral genome and produce viral proteins to make new capsids. Next, the viral particles are assembled into new viruses. The new viruses burst out of the host cell during a process called lysis, which kills the host cell. Some viruses take a portion of the host’s membrane during the lysis process to form an envelope around the capsid.

Following viral replication, the new viruses may go on to infect new hosts. Many viruses cause diseases in humans, such as influenza, chicken pox, AIDS, the common cold, and rabies. The primary way to prevent viral infections is vaccination, which administers a vaccine made of inactive viral particles to an unaffected individual, in order to increase the individual’s immunity to the disease.

Something that simple affect humans who are so complex.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I just learned that one of my coworkers children has tested positive for Covid19. Ive been around this person all last week so ive been exposed. This coworker happens to live in the same community as i do as well and his kids go to the same school as my kids.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I just learned that one of my coworkers children has tested positive for Covid19. Ive been around this person all last week so ive been exposed. This coworker happens to live in the same community as i do as well and his kids go to the same school as my kids.

Best wishes to you and yours, Crappie

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Best wishes to you and yours, Crappie

Thanks bud! we will get through this! one way or another. i only worry about my kids. that’s all i care about right now

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>
    I never thought a form of the common cold would take down the worlds economy.

The common cold doesn’t put healthy 30 year old people into critical condition.

https://kstp.com/news/third-covid-19-case-confirmed-minnesota-patient-critical-condition/5670158/?cat=1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KSTP-TV&fbclid=IwAR3NbMa8-rKV03BSA52N_8oG-t6MYKetUOvETAQLaH6y00FLF3czQ0djt80

Anyone know how this PERSON ended up or if they are still in the hospital?

Deuces

Thanks bud! we will get through this! one way or another. i only worry about my kids. that’s all i care about right now

Not a single child under the age of 10 has died from this yet, not a single one in the world.

Our youngest is experiencing symptoms, but she also has asthma so who knows. Clinic tells ya to stay home, funny, deadly virus gonna take out millions, then when you get it they say yeah you’ll be fine just stay home unless it’s gets bad.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Not a single child under the age of 10 has died from this yet, not a single one in the world.

Our youngest is experiencing symptoms, but she also has asthma so who knows. Clinic tells ya to stay home, funny, deadly virus gonna take out millions, then when you get it they say yeah you’ll be fine just stay home unless it’s gets bad.

I understand that. as a parent you still worry. im not panicking and creating a bunker in my backyard with a stockpile of ammo and TP. No one here is showing any symptoms as of yes so until i do i wont be too concerned.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

Turn on your TV. There will be a whole room of expert doctors and scientist but the person that controls the microphone knows the least, which is wrong in so many ways.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Take care crappie for you and yours, thinkin of ya

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Sippi is flatlining, stabilizing, for the near future.

coffee

See ya on the water

B-man

Crappie wishing you guys the best. You’ll be in my thoughts man!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Can we all agree that bats should be off the menu permanently? They started SARS, Ebola, and likely started Covid 19 too. Let’s just leave them alone. Let them stay in the caves and eat bugs. Really no reason to even consider consuming one ever again.

Deuces

Can we all agree that bats should be off the menu permanently? They started SARS, Ebola, and likely started Covid 19 too. Let’s just leave them alone. Let them stay in the caves and eat bugs. Really no reason to even consider consuming one ever again.

jester
    I’m gonna go to my attic and kick the one’s a$$ that’s been staying up there. Oh wait he’s protected by the gov!

Conspiracy theory forming….

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I hear you’re safe if you just eat the cheeks

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Has the bat source actually been confirmed?

Viewing 28 posts - 211 through 238 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.