It's Here……

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It was weird because it seemed people were looking at each other with suspicion. Just waiting for someone to sniff or God forgive cough.

When I heard someone cough before, I didn’t pay much if any attention to it. When I hear someone do it now, it REALLY gets my attention. This whole thing has made me see people who smoke in a whole different way too because damaged lungs are a virtual death sentence if you get it.

Stay safe

Dan
    Southeast MN

a small grocery store by my house

Haha stores with legit supplies are going to turn into lake reports, where a 28″ walleye was caught from a “western MN lake.”

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Everyone better get ready there was just a huge 100,000+ people attending a convention for the past week in Vegas. They were in tight quarters, shaking hands and living life as normal. They were from all over the world and they all headed back home yesterday and today. Beware and Lock your doors!

Attachments:
    1. 20200312_094745.jpg

Deuces

Got the email earlier tonight me and some fam have been exposed to the covid.

Was good knowing ya guys. Hope they have good bait and 17′ tillers in heaven.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

seriously?

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Dont want to stoke the flames but I was a little young to pay much attention to the last “pandemic”. Were countries shutting down when swine flu and sars happened? Italy seems on the verge if financial collapse. If Europe’s economy collapses everyone is in trouble.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

That sucks man. Will be thinking of you and yours.

Ice Cap

Dont want to stoke the flames but I was a little young to pay much attention to the last “pandemic”. Were countries shutting down when swine flu and sars happened? Italy seems on the verge if financial collapse. If Europe’s economy collapses everyone is in trouble.

I wasn’t that young. No one knew about swine flu. The media had no skin in the game at that time. Things are different this time. Keep acting like panicked cattle and the result will be what you didn’t count on.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Disco Bobber, there’s just so much conflicting info out there. The lack of Facts make decision making hard. Even the artical you posted is an opinion.

*You have extreme left and rights blaming each other everywhere you turn.

*You have doctors on tv saying there’s no reason to worry.

*You have doctors saying they think the unidentified flu everyone had this year could have already been the CV.

*Then you have the ones saying the world is ending and buy all the TP you can find.

After it’s all over we probably still won’t know who’s right.

pass0047
    Pool4

Why are people so surprised that stores are running low on anything. Stores have there inventory so closely matched to how much people are normally buying that any up tick in purchasing will cause reduced stock.

Then gov/media correctly recommend having 2 weeks of supplies in case of self quarantine and every one goes out and does a little over stocking. Then shelves get empty fast. Not necessarily panic by the people.
    The people who are buying large amounts and reselling are also part of the problem. Same as the people who ran out and bought thousands of 22 shells when people thought they were not going to be available. Self fulfilling profeicy.
    People trying to profit from situation like this are the most unpatriotic people in my opinion. A month from now there will be more tp then anyone needs.

Deuces

Appreciate it crappie, it was a low risk event.

I almost want to get it just to have it done and over with.

B-man

The MN governor is holding a press conference at 1000 to discuss the plan moving forward with Minnesota schools.

I’m crossing my fingers that they stay open until it becomes prudent to close individual schools in hot zones.

Ice Cap

The MN governor is holding a press conference at 1000 to discuss the plan moving forward with Minnesota schools.

I’m crossing my fingers that they stay open until it becomes prudent to close individual schools in hot zones.

Sounds like he’s shutting it down from the 18th to the 27’th. Something magical about those two dates I guess. roll

I sincerely wish everyone would read the article I just posted and read this as well. For those of you that think the media is politicizing it. Newt Gingrich is about as right as it gets and he is currently in Italy. If your bias is guiding your opinion maybe this will help.

America-Italy and the Dual Coronavirus Threats

Dan
    Southeast MN

Very good reads, thanks for posting Nolan. It really does seem like keeping people seperated as much as possible will be a factor in slowing the spread.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/?itid=hp_hp-top-table-main_virus-simulator520pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

Haven’t made it through the whole article yet but this stood out to me:

“In real life, of course, people eventually recover. A recovered person can neither transmit simulitis to a healthy person nor become sick again after coming in contact with a sick person”

#1 do we know this to be true. Seems a little premature to make a claim like that.

#2 I’ve read a woman in Japan got the virus and 3 weeks later got it again.

Can’t believe everything you read of course but I’d like more clarity about this point. Obviously if you can keep getting this virus again and again should make you feel less comfortable about this whole thing. I dont see how a flu like illness is a one time deal. You can get the flu over and over why not this

Deuces

I’m also curious about that crappie.

Once cured of a particular strain one should be immune to that one strain, that’s why the flu vaccine is just ok bc it only is effective for a few strains. This covid is just one strain correct? Should be one and done?

Deuces

This helps with the animated fella on the right ….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200315_100518988.jpg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

You guys.. this is getting very serious. Nothing “magical” about those school closure dates. They need time to prep everything appropriately.

And don’t kid yourself, school will not reopen after these two weeks. They are preparing for weeks (at minimum) of distance learning.

blackbay
    mn

Haven’t made it through the whole article yet but this stood out to me:

“In real life, of course, people eventually recover. A recovered person can neither transmit simulitis to a healthy person nor become sick again after coming in contact with a sick person”

#1 do we know this to be true. Seems a little premature to make a claim like that.

#2 I’ve read a woman in Japan got the virus and 3 weeks later got it again.

Can’t believe everything you read of course but I’d like more clarity about this point. Obviously if you can keep getting this virus again and again should make you feel less comfortable about this whole thing. I dont see how a flu like illness is a one time deal. You can get the flu over and over why not this

I’ve watched Utube videos of people who have had the virus and some have said their symptoms came and went, only to come back more serious. I could certainly see, especially without testing the person, how it would seem that people have recovered when in fact they had the virus all along.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

It’s the Dems making it a big deal because nothing has worked yet to get Trump out of office. I seen a lot about this on Fox News. They’ve had experts on saying to live your life, nothing to worry about.

You go Comrade

Ice Cap

I sincerely wish everyone would read the article I just posted and read this as well. For those of you that think the media is politicizing it. Newt Gingrich is about as right as it gets and he is currently in Italy. If your bias is guiding your opinion maybe this will help.

Fear is a powerful thing and a lot of people are gripped by it right now and the media has played a big part in it. Maybe this will help. Research how the media treated the much more deadly swine flu in comparison on how they are treating this virus and then compare the reactions of the populace to both.

When the WHO declared the Swine Flu “unstoppable” that wasn’t even a big enough story to make the headline on CNN’s web page. Buried in some links on the side bar. If you were mildly interested you could click on the link and read about it if not go about you’re business nothing to see here.

If you think the media is not aware of it’s power to drive things and does not politicize this virus or anything else for that matter that’s a ignorance best kept to yourself.

CNN

B-man

It’s just too much for me and my family.

We’ve decided to enter a therapy program today to help us cope with the anxiety. It really seems to help mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200315_124240.jpg

Ice Cap

It’s just too much for me and my family.

We’ve decided to enter a therapy program today to help us cope with the anxiety. It really seems to help mrgreen

How long is therapy required? I’m going up to the lake place on Tuesday and spend a few nights. Going to try to ice some crappies up there with my neighbor.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Outdoor activities and outdoor exercise, enjoying the sunlight and fresh air away from others is going to be a valuable tool.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just received some good news but it comes with a caveat.
    The FW does animal therapy in Care Centers and is not able to work there for the next couple of weeks. The good news is the wife is staying at the cabin this next week so I’ll leave at 4am to head to work.
    The Caveat is I was just out for a therapy session on the lake and when I got back I dumped the minnows thinking we were heading back. Now I have to re-load cuz I’m heading out for another therapy session this evening. woot

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

whistling

Attachments:
    1. E2C42F01-613A-4792-93E8-6D084E4A7873.png

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.