It's Here……

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    LOL. your attempt to affirm people are trying to come together starts off with blaming liberals and bashing one side lol. maybe you should get over it.

Crappie he did say “Extreme”. That’s not really a side.

The extreme people on both sides are not very helpful to anyone.

Bingo bango bongo applause

Ryan Wilson

I’ve never seen a group of more inept proudly-ignorant fully grown men in my life as I have here. IDO has turned into such a poop-show. Jesus Christ…..

I’m just anxious to find out if James cupped the balls or not.

B-man

Okay kids…..this thread is about the Coronavirus

It’s not about who your favorite politician is……every single one of them is a scum bag. Sides or parties don’t matter….they all suck.

Elections are about picking the least suckiest. The sooner you realize that the better off you’ll be.

Feel free to PM each other about it if you need to vent

Dan
    Southeast MN

It’s not about who your favorite politician is……every single one of them is a scum bag. Sides or parties don’t matter….they all suck.

Yeah in all seriousness, here’s wishing the best to all IDO members and your loved ones. I’ve got a 21-month-old and a pregnant wife due in July, so I’ve been following this closely. Whether it’s the young kid, pregnant wife, or me as the primary breadwinner, someone in my household getting this would not be good. If anyone wants to call me paranoid feel free, post it on here as well as PM’ing me to make sure I get your complaint.

I know the sky isn’t falling but this is affecting people so I hope everyone on here stays COVID free.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

This was an eye opening article for me. As someone mentioned earlier, China’s early decision to completely shut down some of their cities probably saved many lives.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

It’s long, but does a good job explaining the impact of that decision. Italy made no such decision and they are F’d right now.

And whoever made the unbelievably ignorant comment about it being ‘universal health care’ in Italy resulting in that situation, go pound sand, you’re an idiot, please don’t reproduce.

If there are only 100,000 ventilators and 1,000,000 people need ventilators, it doesn’t matter what health system you have.

Phill-
    That was me. Do your homework and get back to me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah in all seriousness, here’s wishing the best to all IDO members and your loved ones. I’ve got a 21-month-old and a pregnant wife due in July, so I’ve been following this closely. Whether it’s the young kid, pregnant wife, or me as the primary breadwinner, someone in my household getting this would not be good. If anyone wants to call me paranoid feel free, post it on here as well as PM’ing me to make sure I get your complaint.

I know the sky isn’t falling but this is affecting people so I hope everyone on here stays COVID free.

I think we all want that for everyone.

That’s the problem with this crap. Everyone kind of loses it when there is this mass anxiety. It gets to everyone because you can’t get away from it.

I am pretty sure Biggill was feeling like you because he has kids. What happens is everyone starts feeding off this mass anxiety people get reactionary and impulsive because they are coping with the anxiety.

This to shall pass. Hoping the best for your family I’m sure they’ll be fine just take the realistic precautions.

Dan
    Southeast MN

This to shall pass. Hoping the best for your family I’m sure they’ll be fine just take the realistic precautions.

Seems trivial at this point, but how you doin’ without hockey? I realize this sounds selfish, but it sure would be nice to watch the home stretch of the NHL season and spring training baseball.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ve excepted it. Right now it’s just suspended. I could say it is ridiculous, but getting past this virus is way more important at this point. I knew when the NBA shut down the NHL was next. I’m embracing it now.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

went to the greatest food establishment on the planet….. Chipotle like I usually do once a week thinking the virus will scare people and I will get in and out.
    heck no, line was out the door. now if the TP hoarders start hoarding Chipotle, we will be throwing hands.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Made the decision I’m pulling my kids out of school next week. Sounds like the school district is under a lot of pressure, and kinda surprised they haven’t just cancelled already, but I’m gonna do it either way.

tswoboda

Good post!

I can certainly relate… I have 3 kiddos under 20 months at home. The two young bucks have already combined for 3 ambulance rides and 7 weeks in the hospital. They’ve both spent time on a ventilator or breathing support and I can’t help but wonder how that would have played out if the hospitals were filled with COVID-19 patients.

Not to mention it’s now getting hard to find the diapers/wipes we use… Our normal usage could be considered stockpiling!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

I think we all want that for everyone.

That’s the problem with this crap. Everyone kind of loses it when there is this mass anxiety. It gets to everyone because you can’t get away from it.

I am pretty sure Biggill was feeling like you because he has kids. What happens is everyone starts feeding off this mass anxiety people get reactionary and impulsive because they are coping with the anxiety.

Well said by both Dan and Pug

Deuces

Food hoarding is next. Stay calm peoples. Gonna be a rough weekend.

Ice Cap

Food hoarding is next. Stay calm peoples. Gonna be a rough weekend.

I’ve got 4 briskets at least 6 pork butts frozen bags of pulled pork, lots of walleyes from Red lake lots of perch and walleyes from Devils lake in the freezer not to mention hamburger, chops, etc. My pile of oak for the smoker is starting to peek out from the snow cover. I could last several months and we didn’t go stock up on anything. Liquor store is on the errand list tomorrow! yay

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I’ve read that other countries have an app that allows you to see where an infected person is. Why don’t we have something like that?

Deuces

I’ve read that other countries have an app that allows you to see where an infected person is. Why don’t we have something like that?

What for, I’m curious.

It would be those persons networks that you’d have to be concerned about, and if I just look at my own very little would be actually around my neighborhood.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

What for, I’m curious.

It would be those persons networks that you’d have to be concerned about, and if I just look at my own very little would be actually around my neighborhood.

Identify an infected person and stay away

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

They’re already targeting asians and Italians randomly in violent attacks.

Do you have any confirmed source of this truly happening?

If there’s any truth to it, then it’s really starting to crumble.

lindyrig79

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>
    Made the decision I’m pulling my kids out of school next week. Sounds like the school district is under a lot of pressure, and kinda surprised they haven’t just cancelled already, but I’m gonna do it either way.

Wisconsin just closed k-12 for rest of month. Crappy beer sales are going to spike in Wisconsin. whistling

I’m very surprised it’s taking MN this long, but like I said my mind is made up

Deleted

I’ve got fish to fry, beer to swill and no cough or fever & 4 months worth of TP and food …… I’m not calling it BS but I’m not even 1% worried about it.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

^^^

Okay, I see now…thanks for the enlightenment. Another unknown twist I and/or perhaps many other’s were unaware of.

Reinforcing how unsettling this whole happening has become.

Can anyone know what might be next?

Iowaboy1

^^^

Okay, I see now…thanks for the enlightenment. Another unknown twist I and/or perhaps many other’s were unaware of.

Reinforcing how unsettling this whole happening has become.

Can anyone know what might be next?

yep,some nut job not of this earth will show up east of the Euphrates river claiming to be Jesus,time frame should be between May and September,stay tuned.
    which year?? in the next few lol

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Curious how it works nowadays, if you pull your kids out of school before everyone else gets shut down possibly, at what point do your kids have to retake the grade? I think it was around 1 week when I was in school.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Curious how it works nowadays, if you pull your kids out of school before everyone else gets shut down possibly, at what point do your kids have to retake the grade? I think it was around 1 week when I was in school.

Friend of bought a house in Puerto Rico and took his kids down there for a month in January. No issues with retaking a grade. They live in maple grove

Ice Cap

On line classes changed all that.

lindyrig79

Retake a grade for missing 1 week of school? It wasn’t even like that 30 years ago when I was in school.

blackbay
    mn

I went on my usual weekend early morning grocery run. Pulled into the parking lot and there were at least 4 times the number of people there already. Usually I can go down the aisles by myself. Not today. I didn’t expect to see TP or much for cleaning supplies, but I did expect the same amount of food. Boy was I wrong. No potatoes except organic, which I bought because they are good anyway. Citrus, bananas, peppers, carrots mostly gone. Green veggies still mostly in stock but that could have been because the guy was reloading it. The canned goods aisles and pasta looked like a war zone. Meat dept looked like they forgot to stock for a day or two. Eggs were going fast. Frozen pizzas were half gone. Pop was half gone as was the water. Paper towels in short supply. Softener salt was low too. It was weird because it seemed people were looking at each other with suspicion. Just waiting for someone to sniff or God forgive cough.

If people don’t pull their heads out, I can see things going sideways fast if things get bad. At least gas is getting cheap. waytogo

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.