is this deer piebald?

• bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Last Sunday my wife was fortunate enough to put down her 2nd whitetail in 3 years of archery Hunting she shot a nice doe last year. And she wanted a buck bad so I broke the rules and told her a 6 or better she could put down we have a lot of small bucks and I knew how much it would mean to her to get one on the board. So anyways my questions is this buck still has white spots all over it. Is that a weird genetic and he just never lost all his spots or is that a piebald deer? I’ve had him on camera a couple times this year but but the angles are of his head you never could see the spots. What do you guys think?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_1031-1.jpg

2. IMG_1031.jpg

CaptainMusky

I think your wife made a heckuva nice shot! Other than that, the spots are weird, but piebald I thought were much much smaller deer on average so I wouldn’t think that would be the case.

Michael Michelau

Bowtechmike

I looked up what a piebald deer looks like on google, this deer looks like it has a small strain of the piebald color. Tell your wife that was a nice shot, and a nice deer. Mike

Cody hesseltine
    Maryland

I would say no I saw a small buck this year that had spots like that. Here’s a couple I saw last year. Piebald a aren’t smaller but they do generally have stubby legs.

Attachments:
    1. image34.jpeg

2. image32.jpeg

3. image33.jpeg

haleysgold
    SE MN

That’s a good question…wish I knew.
    I wouldn’t think it is a piebald but what do I know.

Out of curiosity, what kind of broad head makes a hole like that?

I’d like to get some of whatever made that hole!

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

That’s a good question…wish I knew.
    I wouldn’t think it is a piebald but what do I know.

Out of curiosity, what kind of broad head makes a hole like that?

I’d like to get some of whatever made that hole!

That was from a rage hypodermic expandable broad head but the main reason the whole is that big is the arrow didn’t pass through it came back out that side and caught on a tree and ripped him open pretty good coming back out. But it is a great broad head and the whole was significant on all the deer we have put down with them.

castle-rock-clown

I would like to know the age of the buck, if its that young to have spots, but a rack like that, then lord knows what that buck would have looked like at maturity.

haleysgold
    SE MN

That was from a rage hypodermic expandable broad head but the main reason the whole is that big is the arrow didn’t pass through it came back out that side and caught on a tree and ripped him open pretty good coming back out. But it is a great broad head and the whole was significant on all the deer we have put down with them.

That’s awesome!
    I see there’s 2 types, a Standard and a Deep 6.
    Was this just the “Standard”?
    Also, are you using the “Shock Collars” on them?

Sorry, to steal your thread but I’m in the market for new broad heads and these look like they do the job right!

Thanks for the info Mike!

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bowtecmike wrote:</div>

That’s awesome!
    I see there’s 2 types, a Standard and a Deep 6.
    Was this just the “Standard”?
    Also, are you using the “Shock Collars” on them?

Sorry, to steal your thread but I’m in the market for new broad heads and these look like they do the job right!

Thanks for the info Mike!

Yes I use the collars and there deep six but that just relates to the spine and size insert of your arrows my wife and I use injections they are narrow arrows with a smaller thread insert so you have to use deep sis threads. If you run a regular size arrow you need the standard size insert threads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.