Is the cold causing any one issues ?

• phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

frozen bathroom water pipes. less than 2 year old furnace is faulting out every hour or two.
    10 below with a wind chill about 30 below. Spent 2 weeks in the brutal cold and come home to more cold + these frustrations. flame

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Woke up to an error message from DirecTV saying there was no power connection to the SWS (whatever that is). Wife chewed me out via text for not paying the bill – umm it’s on autopay.

So now I get to call “customer service” roll and talk to Habib in India where it is 117° and never drops below 70° and try to explain the issue. Looking forward to that as I do with any and all phone calls to communication companies.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Saw on the news that Exel is asking for certain cities to conserve energy and keep thermostats set at 60. But other than that saw a lot of cars on the side of the road with flat tires on my drive into work.

B-man

I’m almost out of waxies mrgreen

That’s an issue right?

Plugged the truck in (diesel) at 7 a.m. Another 1.5 hrs and I’m crossing my fingers to get off the lake.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190129_203337.jpg

Roy

-33 temp and -62 wind chill right now here at home. Drove my wife into work at the hospital in Duluth this morning and the black ice on the interstate was bad. Wind is whipping snow and car exhaust freezing down. They actually shut down the High bridge from Superior to Duluth for awhile last night due to black ice.
    Was without heat from 8pm Monday to 11am Tuesday due to a inducer fan blowing a bearing. Luckily there was one left in stock in Duluth when the repair guy called them at 7am. Luckily we have two gas fireplaces that I ran the whole 15 hours to keep the house warmed.
    Ammo doesn’t even want to think about going outside. Smart lab grin

I make that same drive to the hospital but from Superior and enter 35 from the Bong Bridge. It is scary how much ice is on the bridge and on the highway as soon as the temps drop. The over pass on 35 by Heritage Arena is horrible for the freezing exhaust.

blank

I’m almost out of waxies mrgreen

That’s an issue right?

Plugged the truck in at 7 a.m. Another 1.5 hrs and I’m crossing my fingers (diesel).

Different PJ’s today I see, nice!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I’m sorry and also glad to see I’m not the only one with issues.

Nice Fella

Lots of significant challenges out there this morning, but the “winner” so far has to be “Buddy of mine called me and his septic froze last night. He got out of bed to wet feet.” How do you come back from THAT?

And on another note, I wonder where IDO is filming this week’s show??

404 ERROR
    MN

Power went out around 3am for about 5 minutes. The idea of starting the heater in the ice house in the backyard was going through my head when it finally came back on…

Truck started up just fine and didn’t have any hesitations at 5:15 this morning. The block heater really helped on that one.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lots of significant challenges out there this morning, but the “winner” so far has to be “Buddy of mine called me and his septic froze last night. He got out of bed to wet feet.” How do you come back from THAT?

Man I feel for him. He sounded stressed to the max. I couldn’t even imagine. Who knows how far its frozen to. And the cold isn’t letting up any time soon

dbright
    Cambridge

[/quote]

Looking at the picture they posted this morning it looks cold.

Aaron Kalberer

Pretty minimal for us, fan didn’t want to work in the commuter car, a couple bangs on the dash and it kicked on, the new hunting fishing rig decided it didn’t want anything to do with these temps and would not start.

Morel King
    PLAINVIEW MN

Got up early to go ice fishing yesterday truck started fine warmed up nicely while i loaded my gear , took off got around the block and Lost steering completely locked up got out added power steering fluid and seen it pouring out underneath luckily i was only around the block got her turned around and parked out front of home waited 4 hours for a flatbed now waiting to hear back from my mechanic today

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>xplorer wrote:</div>

I make that same drive to the hospital but from Superior and enter 35 from the Bong Bridge. It is scary how much ice is on the bridge and on the highway as soon as the temps drop. The over pass on 35 by Heritage Arena is horrible for the freezing exhaust.

Yup it is. Worst spot for me is the hill just before Midway road coming north from cloquet. 9 years ago come Monday, I lost it on black ice on that hill and flipped my truck off the interstate at 5:40 am. Landed on my roof and missed meeting my maker by a few inches when the cab roof caved in from coming down on an old hard ice plow bank. Ended up being able to put the window down (or since I was upside down, up) and tunnel my way out thru the snow. Trooper who eventually showed up thought I had rolled it down the embankment but then realized it had flipped once and then spun it’s way in a full 540 on the roof down it. Said that having a topper on the truck probably saved my life or the cab would have completely crushed in on me.
    I have to drive that spot every day, and on days like these, there’s a pucker factor of 10 when I go thru there.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

the intake on my gas furnace froze over and shut off my heat
    until I got it cleared

would run about 30-40 minutes and then had to reset until I cleared the intake

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

house is a little chilly. warmest we can get it with the furnace is around 63. we have some drafty doors and windows. all pipes are good though. 04′ Camry parked outside all night started right up. All in all I cant complain. I pray for the people that bought my old house last summer. We disclosed everything in the sale so they were made aware but I don’t know if they really know what they are in for right about now…..

deertracker

My only issue is that I need to leave the house to get to my tattoo appointment…
    DT

tornadochaser

Figured out at 6 am that my block heater doesnt work on the GMC. Jump start killed the 5 year old battery…alternator couldn’t get it over 11 volts even after idling for 2 hours. $130 later at interstate battery and GTG.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ryan wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>xplorer wrote:</div>

Yup it is. Worst spot for me is the hill just before Midway road coming north from cloquet. 9 years ago come Monday, I lost it on black ice on that hill and flipped my truck off the interstate at 5:40 am. Landed on my roof and missed meeting my maker by a few inches when the cab roof caved in from coming down on an old hard ice plow bank. Ended up being able to put the window down (or since I was upside down, up) and tunnel my way out thru the snow. Trooper who eventually showed up thought I had rolled it down the embankment but then realized it had flipped once and then spun it’s way in a full 540 on the roof down it. Said that having a topper on the truck probably saved my life or the cab would have completely crushed in on me.
    I have to drive that spot every day, and on days like these, there’s a pucker factor of 10 when I go thru there.

I make that same drive from Cloquet to Superior for work every day as well, that area is ALWAYS the one I saddle up for on that drive. Back when I was going to school at UMD and living at home, I had to drive to work in Duluth one weekend at 6 am, and ended up losing it just past the Midway bridge in my ’93 Ranger. Ended up facing the wrong way in the ditch, but SOMEHOW was able to get out, lock the hubs, and drive right out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Excel just announced they are losing natural gas from Princeton clear over to Wisconsin I have a good feeling the problems are about to start

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I got 10 rappals on it being inside a wheelhouse coffee

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

Excel just announced they are losing natural gas from Princeton clear over to Wisconsin I have a good feeling the problems are about to start

shock not good

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

No issues here, yet.

Ripley is pretty impervious to cold, but even he didn’t last long on a walk this morning!

Attachments:
    1. 20190130_081024.jpg

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sometimes my dongs would sit down in the snow and hold their paws up because they were cold and I’d carry them in. But I think it was when there was loose snow because she also would sit outside oblivious to the -10 and lower temps. I’d have to drag her in. The other 2 usually took one step, peed and b-lined back in.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m firing my editor.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    German shephard did the same. Pee and ran back to the door. Little dog just layed right down and started crying. Let the wife deal with that.

Dog booties for the little dogs prevent a few rescue and recovery missions for us in this weather.

Even all suited up with booties and sweater poor boy doesn’t stand a chance. I made a area for him in the garage. Used that news paper trick I learned from big daddy rotflol

B-man

Well the truck started and we made it home. I was outside for about 10 minutes and that was enough…..I don’t envy anybody that is working outside today.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fleet vehicle wouldn’t start this morning. And its not even that old of a car, only has 33k miles on it. An over night sit outside the hotel was just too much for it. Luckily the security helped me jump start it up.

Its 116 degrees in Australia this week and they are having a heat wave/drought that has overloaded their power grid. Haha

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.