Installing a fish finder

• Doug Franke

I just bought a 2019 Lowe SS 210 pontoon boat. I’m installing a Lowrance Hook2 fish finder.
    Wondering where the best place is to install the Transducer?

mojogunter

I have never installed a transducer on a pontoon, but I would think at the bottom back of one of the pontoons, so the bottom of the transducer is set just below the bottom of the pontoon. There is normally a bracket welded on the rear of the pontoons to attach a transducer

Doug Franke

I don’t see any brackets on the pontoons. I was looking at the bottom of the framework that holds the gas tank? But it is about one foot from where the propeller sits.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^Don’t put it anywhere in the middle as the water that is forced through that area at speed will not allow the depth finder to read accurately.

You want it on the lower part of one of the outer pontoons. I’d recommend the side opposite the ladder. Mine has been there on our tritoon for all 3 years we’ve had it without issue. Keep it a few inches from the bottom of the pontoon for trailering purposes though.

mojogunter

Hopefully this picture loads

Attachments:
    1. Untitled2.jpg

Doug Franke

CRUD!!
    I just went out and looked again and there are brackets at the rear of the pontoons.
    Thanks! I feel like a Dork (o;

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Maybe show us a picture of what you have to work with.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.