Inflatable life jackets?

• grizzly
    nebraska

I will thanks for all the info

mojogunter

We were checked by the sheriff on pool 4 today and he asked if the life jackets were the type that needed to be worn or not. The inflatables that you need to pull a cord to inflate are only considered a pfd if they are being worn at the time.

Jonesy

We aren’t there yet, but it’s more and more common to see anglers wearing PFD.

I hope soon it will be just be the few that aren’t wearing one.

I was happy to see 15ish guys wearing them on Friday while I was down at pool 4. The bad part was there was probably 50+ boats.

I’m a big guy. I had my a/m24 on over my ice armor extreme parka and it was still comfortable. I’m honestly at the point where I don’t believe there is an excuse to ever not wear them.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

It is bobbin shaped part that dissolves when submerged. I think it is made out of molded salt. I have 2 friends that have them too. We bought the 3 pack of bobbins for $15 off of amazon and each took one. They have a date printed on them. Need to be changed every 3 years. Takes about 5 minutes to change it. It also has a pull cord to arm it too.

grizzly
    nebraska

I ordered 2 of them thanks again for all the info

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

We bought the 3 pack of bobbins for $15 off of amazon and each took one.

Once they are out of the cellophane the clock starts ticking.
    Replace every one year for commercial and every three years for recreational.

If you’re a hard core fisherman like some people on this site, I would have and extra arming kit in the boat. They are hard to find when a person is on the water. )

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

A good second note here is I carry a backup regular life vest in case the inflatable would arm itself or get submerged. Especially if you are going on a fishing trip. That way if you don’t have a rearm kit or can’t find one you can still fish.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.