In Case You Missed It- IDO Forum Policies

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good Morning Idoer’s!

It sure has been a crazy year and I wish I could say that with a smile on my face.

The Ido staff has been very reluctant to remove posts and members over the last year for breaking the policies that have been put in place to avoid…well, what we have now. We felt these important events should be talked about. To be honest, I don’t think we could have stopped them.

However, time has come to move on and get back to being a fishing/hunting/sports site.

I’m asking for your help in two ways this morning.

1) Keep all topics >>and replies<< Hunting/Fishing/Sports related. Please feel free to use FaceBook, Twitter or the hundreds of other platforms to bring up other topics.

2) With all the posting that’s done each day (and night), if you see a post that’s political, “covid political”, ect, copy the url and send it [email protected].

When we have members threatening harm to other members on a FISHING and Hunting website, it’s time to change. If this has happened to you and it’s has not been reported to us, please do so…then call your authorities. We can only block access to IDO.

Personally, I hate seeing a friend removed. Some are very long time friends that I have met through IDO and others that I haven’t met yet. It seems to me we really only have 4-6 pot stirrers. I hope you’ll understand our position. If not, I’ll be sorry to see you go.

Stay safe and good fishing/hunting,

munchy
    NULL

So no more SPAM and Hamms topics either? frown

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well now let’s not get carried away! )

mojogunter

Thanks Brian this will be a welcomed change for me anyway.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

That would fall under sports……it’s a sport to see if you can make to the bathroom in time after consuming that crap.

rkb1041

Thanks Brian, It’s been getting to the point where I didn’t even want to check IDO. I don’t open them, but definitely missing the hunting and fishing topics.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

As of lately this seems like a much needed change

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The time has definitely come. applause Thank you to the owners and the mods for being as tolerant as possible for as long as they did.

We actually need more comedy and the ability to laugh again.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That’s great news!

Thanks BK

Deuces

Trying to avoid topics that turn into $hit, not topics that make you $hit.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How much snow is on the ground up there>

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Got about 3″ in Farmington yesterday.

Attachments:
    1. 20201112_145406.jpg

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Enough to cover the grass. Definitely not enough for me to review my temporary moratorium banning shoveling of snow. I’m still holding out hope that will get at least one more good melt before temps dive into the deep freeze for winter.

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20201113_143821665.jpg

patk
    Nisswa, MN

I applaud this move back to the origins!!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

The snow doesn’t bug me as much as the fact it was 10 degrees this morning. Brrrrr. My toes are still cold.

SR

travelNFish
    Nebraska

Thank God, the last sane place i guy can go to relieve his mind. Thank You.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Sounds good to me , been on a few other sites and it actually lost membership because of the political divisions . Have to remember what attracted us here in the first place .The love of fishing and hunting.

Polak

BK, guess I’ll wait til you start the Blackberry forum!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>

So we can still talk about White Castle then?!? woot

mrpike1973

Thanks everyone much needed YEAH! FISH ON!

shockers
    Rochester

Long overdue move. Totally support, BK.

Just to clarify, complaining about tuna boats is off limits?

Heh, heh.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks everyone much needed YEAH! FISH ON!

Yes, and perhaps not a moment too soon.

Ice fishing is right around the corner and let’s not forget…the first IDO episode this season is coming up here in a couple weeks.

Hopefully that’ll steer us back on the road of outdoors discussions.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>munchy wrote:</div>

So we can still talk about White Castle then?!? woot

I love me some white castle from time to time

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I am more than fine with the ” Keep all topics >>and replies<< Hunting/Fishing/Sports related.” I just hope that the Keymaster’s / Mods Keep their treatment of participants fair across the board. Its seems like in the past they have Let some members go way to Far and removed others far to soon.

It was only a short time ago that there was a post ( From a Keymaster/Mod I believe ) asking the members if they prefer to Keep all Post ” Hunting/Fishing/Sports related ” or not . If I remember correctly a big majority responded NO. I kind of took that as IDO’s way of seeing what the members would like out of the site.

I’ve said it prior. This site belongs to Mr. Host and he is free to run it anyway that he wants. Members can either play by his rules or he can make them go bye bye. Or the members can decide to go elsewhere on their own.

I think its great that you posted the Email for people to send a message to if they feel a post is getting political or ugly. I hope members choose to use that, rather simply getting involved in the post and complaining about it.

I’ve really enjoyed this site and the people on it over the years and hope to do so in the future.

As always Brian – Keep up the good work. You are a Great Guy. Even if you drink crappy Beer and eat Poor meat ( if Spam is even really a meat ) jester

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Brian
    Just a Question – Will the Get in Touch under Contact us get us to the same place as sending a Email to [email protected]????

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!! I appreciate your time and effort to keep an eye on all this.

39degrees

2) With all the posting that’s done each day (and night), if you see a post that’s political, “covid political”, ect, copy the url and send it [email protected].

I am unfamiliar on how to copy and send a URL. Would you be able to provide guidance?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Got about 3″ in Farmington yesterday.

Enough to cover the grass. Definitely not enough for me to review my temporary moratorium banning shoveling of snow. I’m still holding out hope that will get at least one more good melt before Kemp’s dive into the deep freeze for winter.

Pretty…from 1500 miles away.

Oh and by the way, yes I am safe, ETA passed without too much issue. Thanks for asking guys. devil

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.