Peoria Pool

• theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Guys, I know absolutely nothing about your area over there. One of the fellows I fish with over here in Iowa asked for me to find out what I could about this area. Told him I would check on FTR, so here I am. How was the walleye fishing this Fall for you. Is there a Lock and Dam right there at Peoria? Where does one put in at? Any info or links would be great. Will be used at coffee talk and possiable a trip next spring.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Anybody out there?LOL

HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

You would be better off trying the Spring Valley area for fishing. Good population of sauger, and white bass.

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

I’ll have to get the map out and take a peek at where you are talking about. Thanks for the heads up!

HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

Log onto prairielandeyes.com lots of info about the area and tournaments, and people to comtact for info. If the river isn’t floodong the month of March can be great.

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I have really enjoyed fishing the Illinois River. Wonderful sauger fishing. I caught my largest sauger by the 178 bridge at Starved Rock. The weight of this fish was 4.75 lbs. Well Tight Lines and Good Health to all

theleadsled
    Washington, Ia.

Thanks Hoosier. I took a quick look and plan to go back when I have some time.

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

ICE ICE go away so I can go out and play. As soon as that ice is gone I will be there. If the weather stays and we dont have a ton of rain or snow it`s going to be awsome down river bite. John

tony_apisa

Hey John theres no ice down here on pool 16. Your more than welcome to be a guest on my boat. I’m always willing to take someone out……Tony

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

Hey John and Tony! I wonder if you two had met on here yet. Tony, I’ve been out on the Miss. with John and have always had a great time. John, I’ve been keeping in touch with Tony and been thinking it would be good to fish those pools below me more often! Small world on FTR!

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I will try to get something going to get out soon. My first tourney for the year is march 15 on the IL. Weekends are getting tight with the wife because she knows that once my tourneys start ,she wont be seeing to much of me untill june!!! It looks like a tourney just about every 2 weeks and some every week. I would love to try to get something going for a day on the miss . I just about got the boat ready to get it out. It`s just a long ride from Chicago to go for a day. I will get back to you if I can work something out. I know we got 2 tourneys on the IL in march and my partner wants to hit it hard before that. John Mannerino

tony_apisa

John that sounds great. We should just try to hook up somewhere in between. I would love to fish the Illinois with someone that knows the river well. I would just be great to meet some new people. I love to share fish stories…..lol……And I’m good at it…Tight Lines and Good Health………Tony P.S. John I always have room in my home for guests…

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

OK sounds great. Now lets kick the weathermans butt for some stable temps.LOL John

tony_apisa

I wish it was that easy John…..lol

Lefty

Hi John
    Are you fishing the WAT? I will be down for the WAT also.How are the ice conditions around the Barto landing. We would like to come down and pre- fish in the near future. First time on that river, so we have a lot to learn before March. Any info on river conditions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Lefty

john mannerino
    Chicago IL

I do belive that river is solid as a rock. Its been a normal chicago winter, COLD just no snow. Check out spring valley walleye club for up to date river info.chicagolandfishing.com has some info on it. Also parielandeyes.com will help you out. I have been scratching the walls around here to get out. Oh Yes I`m fishing all the wat tourneys and the gnwc IL div. John Mannerino

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.