Not to Exceed 4 inches

• bforristall

With our state in disarray, our law makers decided not to worry about poverty, health care, jobs, debt…Oh no, here in IL they just passed a law about trailer hitches. Your trailer hitch CAN NOT EXCEED more than 4″ from the bumper.
    WOW…I need to switch jobs. Winning!

skeeter101
    Oak Grove, MN

Isn’t our govt great! They sure know how to waste time and money! Both of which those idiots seem to think there’s no end of!!? Everyone of em should be fired, and we should start from scratch! I better shut up now, before I really get going!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

With our state in disarray, our law makers decided not to worry about poverty, health care, jobs, debt…Oh no, here in IL they just passed a law about trailer hitches. Your trailer hitch CAN NOT EXCEED more than 4″ from the bumper.

Just think of all the banged up shins they have saved!!! Priorities!!!!!!!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I was getting my haircut on thursday…my barber said he had been inspected by the county…and they wrote him up for two things…there was no cover on the garbage can….and…wait for it…wait for it….

there was hair on the floor.

No joke.

JP

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Quote:

How will this do?
    Any shorter and I cannot get it hitched up with the spare tire.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

what is their reason of making this law?? is there some sort of safety issue with a hitch over 4″ or what??? besides hitting our shins….. dang that hurts!!

deertracker

Quote:

what is their reason of making this law?? is there some sort of safety issue with a hitch over 4″ or what??? besides hitting our shins….. dang that hurts!!

I blame Bill Dance for this one.
    DT

Jaya
    Zimmerman, MN

Makes you wonder if the person who passed such a stupid law has some financial benifit from new trailer hitch sales.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Quote:

Triscuit,

Please post where you saw proof that this passed. This legislation, introduced back in 2009, has no record of making it to completion, according to the IL General Assembly site. hitch insert bill

stevenoak

Last action I found.House bill 3669 1-11-2011.”house session sine die”.What ever the heck that means.But in Illinios if there is a tax or fine or fee possible anything can happen.Sine die:{delayed to future unspecifyed meeting}

gary d
    cordova,il

I also heard it on the radio the other day from a guy in the QC. We will just have to wait and see what comes of it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.