IDO Slammin Salmon GTG – friendly compatition

• rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

I thought I would put up a bottle of Makers Mark Whiskey for the person who comes in with the biggest Chinook (King).

This will be on the honor system. It will go by weight. In case of a tie then by length, if it is still a tie then we go with a flip of a coin. The contest will be for any king caught on Saturday only.
    Maybe we can get James to throw in a IDO sweat shirt or hat for the biggest Coho, or rainbow.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Heck yeah, I’ll put up a sweatshirt and a hat according to the rules outlined above. Hoodie goes to the biggest steelies and the hat goes to the biggest coho. That work for everyone?

Since I won’t know the size worn by the winner until after the fact I ask that the winner contact me by email since I won’t be able to attend on Sunday. I’ll ship the goodies first thing Monday.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ll put together a goodie pack for jigging the harbors to cover the biggest brown trout. That will include my custom dart head jigs, Rip Tide saltwater baits, Flukes, and some of my custom blade baits.

That just leaves someone to bring a jug of lard for the largest laker

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

We can’t leave out the lake trout. A can of crisco seem appropriate? Actually, I will put up a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kentucky Bourbon for biggest lake trout.

rjmoore_33
    Eagan, Mn

Thanks guys for pitching in. I think it will be fun.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

We can’t leave out the lake trout. A can of crisco seem appropriate? Actually, I will put up a bottle of Buffalo Trace Kentucky Bourbon for biggest lake trout.

I might need a ride home..hick….up!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

What an awesome community of folks here! I can’t wait for the weekend to meet some of you guys face to face!

Looking forward to it!
    Dave

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

This entire weekend sounds so cool… and so much about something I have wanted to do for a long time. I can’t believe it is like fifteen minutes from my home, and I am scheduled to drive to the other side of state Saturday for work related commitments. Meeting many of you at something like this would have been great. Learning about this type of fishing… something in my back yard, I’m really bummed not to be part of it. This all said… I hope you all have a great weekend, and really enjoy it!!!

IDO rocks!

Chris Hazen

What if the Winner is under 21. ;) guess it could go.to the captain or co angler in that case.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

What if the Winner is under 21. ;) guess it could go.to the captain or co angler in that case.

I’m sure we will swap prizes in the event of someone being under age. Key word in this is Friendly and we are just out having fun

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

Thats so thoughtful of you John! How did you know I like Bourbon? ;)

Attachments:
    1. 892811_10151359334007083_1632423021_o.jpg

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Just a guess, and it is the one bottle of booze I haven’t cracked yet that I have at home. It’s good stuff. Hope you win and share.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Man I wish I could make it over there with you guys this weekend, but family commitments are keeping me away. IF I had been able to make it, I would have likely pushed for a “Freakyest Fish” prize. I seem to have those down pat. The Steelhead in the picture below was caught out of Sturgeon Bay a few weeks ago. We decided we must be AWESOME fisherman to catch a one lipped Rainbow:)…..

Attachments:
    1. hairlip-bow-closeup-small.jpg

eyecatchum
    Milwaukee WI

I’ll be throwing up this little prize pack to the boat with the SMALLEST box tomorrow morning. On the honor system. These are all fish-catching baits IMO. This way, everybody’s a winner!

Attachments:
    1. photo-22.jpg

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Holy Lakerosaurus Rex Nate!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I hear this one was big steelhead for the day. A bit slow but we went 3-7 in the morning and bounced back for
    a 5-5 in the evening.

Good day and good folks and plenty of food!

Thanks to Joel for the day and looking forward to the morning.

Attachments:
    1. image56.jpg

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Mike Martine managed big King and big brown. Art Green had big laker. I have not heard of anyone catching a coho other than the one in the attached photo. If that wins, Jake will never hear the end of it, at least from me he won’t.

Attachments:
    1. Jake1.jpg

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.