mink slough in target lake. LAX, lacrescent??

• icepromk
    sw wi

does anyone get out to mink slough to ice fish? i fish back in there alot in the boat but wondered if anyone gets back there without an airboat to ice fish? if so how do you get back there and how far of a hike is it? is located in the SW corner of target lake. thinking you would walk in by the train bridge after you take the turn to go to brownsville from south lacrescent??

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve fished Target Lake through the ice a few times with some pretty good luck, but I’ve not ever fished Mink Slough through the ice. With the high water we have now, those areas might be ripe for picking.

When I fished Target Lake we would walk down from Pettibone. That is a pretty good walk. Probably the same if coming from the Miller’s Corner area.

Good luck if you get out and try it.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I used to fish Mink regularly as a kid…its a bit of a hike from Miller’s corner…might be tough towing your gear…but the fishing was great back there. There is a deep hole where the slough connects to the lake.

Also, I fished Miller’s corner a lot too…and it shouldn’t be overlooked in my opinion. I caught my PB crappie out of Miller’s corner back when you could climb out on the bridge and fish and swim. The bridge is off limits now but you could still ice fish there if Mink is too long of a haul for ya.

Pap

fishinhare
    SE MN

so did this little experiment ever work out? i uesed to fish it with my dad many years ago, and have thought about giving it a try again.

icepromk
    sw wi

havent tried it yet. i think it will be a VERY long walk and i dont know how the ice is out there esp on west side of pettibone rv park. i saw tracks from a scratcher boat heading out that way the other day. thats what i need but rather have an airboat.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

If you walk out from millers corner it really isn’t that far. If your dragging a shack i would hop down on the ice and walk the pond all the way back, thats what i have done before….

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

To Target from Millers corner…the West end is .92miles and the east end is 1.51miles as the crow fly’s.
    These are the kind of trips I like to make with just the bare essentials on a nice day.

abe
    La Crosse

I ice fished it a couple year ago. Scratched out in my “Scratcher” boat. Good water, not many marks. It was a pretty slow day and I never went back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.