Auger help – UPDATE

• iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I wrote in a week ago about my old Jiffy not cutting when I put on new blades. The suggestions were it had froze up my blades. I thawed it out in the basement and went out Thursday and the same problem. Friday morning I took the blades off and looked close – THEN I noticed the broken weld on the auger where the blades bolt on. I am guessing the new blades produced enough new pressure to break the old weld and bent it down. Took everything to my friend at the body shop and he pounded it back to flat and re-welded it for me. It works SOOOOOOO good now -) Happy ending to the story is I am catching fish and even willing to drill new holes again. Wish the slush and 4 inches of water would go away – but at least the equipment works again.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

You are lucky the welding job worked, very lucky.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Good deal, thanks for the info. Updates rarely happen, and they are important to help others in the future. I love my Jiffy, very reliable over 10 years.

Also next time you should be able to sharpen the chipper blade with a file. I do mine yearly and sometimes mid season. Just a few draws matching the existing angle witll keep it cutting nice. Jiffy has sharpening angles on their website too if you want or need to be percise. -Mark

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

Yeah – I had sharpened mine MANY times (older than 10 years)but thought I would give myself a present of the new one – now that everything is back to normal angle, it cuts like new.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.