Stolen flasher………and he never looked back

• Bob Bowman
    MN

Alex snagged grandpa’s flasher today and put the smack down on in a big way. 6 to 1 was how the fish catching went between the kid and the old man, a royal butt whoopin!

Alex let grandpa know with each fish that he was in the lead, I could hear Alex ribbing him from outside the shack while I was hole hopping. I know that my dad loved each and every minute of it We did not get into a lot of big fish today but the active groups of fish that came in where hot, for a short period of time. We had a good 40 minutes of hand over fist and then it slowed way down, when Alex was unable to move the fish up and down on the flasher, it was over for us. The active fish soon changed pace, they ran hard at baits but just would not eat. We called it a night and Alex drove us off the lake, I am about 100% sure that is the best part of ice fishing for him. I have been able to spend a few days this week fishing with my dad and my son, this sure brings back a lot of great memories for me, it just don’t get any better

wally1992
    Evansville MN

I think Grandpa took the whoopin pretty good the way it looks. Nice fish and a great adventure. Makes me feelgood about life when i read and see those pics.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Way to go Alex Looks like gramps is taking that whoopin pretty good

New flasher in the future Bob? I know first hand how the little people can stake claim to flashers

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

I think Grandpa took the whoopin pretty good the way it looks. Nice fish and a great adventure. Makes me feelgood about life when i read and see those pics.

It makes me feel good too, knowing that my son gets to spend time like this with his grandpa, these are times he will never forget, nor will I

troy_blackstad
    Hastings MN

I hope that someday my child/grandchild can catch fish and tease me. Makes for a good trip.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Who taught you how to steal the flasher Alex.

Congratulations on the great evening young man.

jeff-rudy
    Rosemount, MN

This is what is so great about being a dad or grandfather… there are no finer moments than letting the young bucks having a blast on the water!!

Congratulations Alex, Bob and Gramps

I think you just locked in a life long fishing partner!!

Enjoy every moment… they grow up fast!

Rudy

tommies12
    Cokato/St. Paul, MN

Now those are some fish! Congrats on the great day on the lake with your grandson!

Those are memories that I haven’t forgotten and I’m sure Alex won’t forget them either!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

It makes me feel good too, knowing that my son gets to spend time like this with his grandpa, these are times he will never forget, nor will I

YOU hit that one on the head i remember all them times with my grandpas except all we did is pull lead and not catch fish. Great read Bob

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.