New Solo on craigs Question

• life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

So I founf this on Craigs list and gave the guy a ring to see if I could check it out. Sounds like a good deal to me. It would be my first Gas Auger. Anything I should be looking for when I check it out? Thanks for the help guys! Oh yeah he’s asking 300 bucks!
    Brand new in box StrikeMaster Mag 2000 2HP Ice Fishing Auger, 8.25″ Drill –
    *Fuel Primer and Compression Check for Easy Starting
    • Electronic Ignition with Automatic Timing Adjustment
    • Boron Steel Chipper Blade
    • Tufflite Dupont Zytel® Handle System
    • 40:1 Transmission with Heat Treated Gears
    • Polymer Gear Casting – 1.3 lbs. Weight Reduction
    • 2 H. P. Solo® 37cc 2 Cycle Engine
    • 24 oz Fuel Tank
    • Environmentally Friendly
    • Optimum Exhaust Gas Removal with Fluted Diffusion System

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

$300 for that auger is not a bad deal. But, for what its worth, Luke just picked up a 2.5 HP for $325 at Cabelas last week. The 2 HP you’re looking at is the single chipper blade. Personally I’d look for a deal on an auger with the twin lazer shaver blades. They’re out there… and the deals will only get sweeter as we get deeper into the season.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

The 2 HP you’re looking at is the single chipper blade. Personally I’d look for a deal on an auger with the twin lazer shaver blades.

I’d agree 100% with James here. After making the switch from the chipper to the lazer this ice season, there is simply no comparison.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Quote:

Quote:

The 2 HP you’re looking at is the single chipper blade. Personally I’d look for a deal on an auger with the twin lazer shaver blades.

I’d agree 100% with James here. After making the switch from the chipper to the lazer this ice season, there is simply no comparison.

X3, You want the lazer blades, there is no effort involved with these blades. The chipper blade will require a downword force. It might be a little early yet for good deals at the store but if you are willing to hold out, there can be some great steals out there.
    Wallster ><((((>

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Cool. Thanks guys. I’ll wait for the lazer blades then. I’ll just keep looking.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

$300 for that auger is not a bad deal. But, for what its worth, Luke just picked up a 2.5 HP for $325 at Cabelas last week. The 2 HP you’re looking at is the single chipper blade. Personally I’d look for a deal on an auger with the twin lazer shaver blades. They’re out there… and the deals will only get sweeter as we get deeper into the season.

Wow $325, was that the 2.5 hp solo with the lazer blades?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Wow $325, was that the 2.5 hp solo with the lazer blades?

That’s my understanding. This wasn’t an advertised price. This was a “let me talk to the dept. manager” price.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.