Southern Alberta off to a Good Start

• brandonoutdoors
    Alberta, Canada

Instead of my saving and posting the picture ill just send a direct link….
    http://www.brandonoutdoorsblog.tk

if this is spamming ill try and get a picture posted here, sorry James if its an issue.

Well in South Eastern Alberta, things are kicking off nicely.. brother and I headed out to a lake about an hour east of Medicine Hat.. first time on the lake in YEARS and got onto some good Yellow Belly’s. Biggest pushing a lb and a bit… cant complain, hooked into some mid afternoon eyes and managed one nice fish we figure at that 4 41/2 lb mark. THICK THICK fish. Just thought I would share. Cheers folks.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Hey Brandon

Of course we’d always prefer to see the pics here… we’ll let it slide. This time.

Good to see you around again this winter.

brandonoutdoors
    Alberta, Canada

James, good to see a pretty ugly face like mine isnt forgotten. lol.

Hopefully we can get these flashers to work this winter and get on some nice walleye, that solid ‘eye the brother hooked into was a confidence booster fishing a lake that is virtually new! as well as landing 3-4 each day fishing stictly for some whopper perch.
    one of these decades we will get you up here. Catching fish of a life time out east cant be that exciting, can it?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

one of these decades we will get you up here. Catching fish of a life time out east cant be that exciting, can it?

Oh, it isn’t all bad. But I would enjoy the chance to fish new water out in your direction. The IDO Ice staff is considering a trip out to Lake Winnipeg late this winter… that’s almost out in your neck of the woods.

brandonoutdoors
    Alberta, Canada

Quote:

Quote:

The IDO Ice staff is considering a trip out to Lake Winnipeg late this winter… that’s almost out in your neck of the woods.

Still have another 2 provinces to travel west through but your getting closer. Maybe try something for next winter, and ill get some good water stomped out.. be nice if Lakemaster did cards for Alberta and Saskatchewan, there are some amazing waters out this way that are near impossible to cross reference with data from 1972.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The IDO Ice staff is considering a trip out to Lake Winnipeg late this winter… that’s almost out in your neck of the woods.

Still have another 2 provinces to travel west through but your getting closer. Maybe try something for next winter, and ill get some good water stomped out.. be nice if Lakemaster did cards for Alberta and Saskatchewan, there are some amazing waters out this way that are near impossible to cross reference with data from 1972.

I don’t think I’m letting the cat out of the bag by saying people can expect Lakemaster to broaden their horizons to include Canadian waters in the coming years. I’m sure they’ll start with Ontario though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.