Clam pop-up fish house

• jon_wbl

Due to the economy and lack of employment, I am unable to upgrade to a bigger Otter fish house this year. I am wonder if anyone has fished the pop-up style clam houses and how they like them. I figure I can haul it around in my Otter and then have enough room to fish 3 people.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

There are a ton of used Otters out there. If you get one that’s the same size as the one you already have they’ll drop right into each other. This makes for a very compact way to transport two houses

red89
    Hudson

We have used a clam 2000 for a few years now and I like it, but I’m not sure thats what you are talking about. Its different from all the new style pop ups they have, because the frame and everything is built right on the floor/sled and just folds out. With the bigger ones, you have to “put it together” more, but they are definetely better than the old style ones where you had to put all the frame pieces in, then throw the fabric part over the top. I would wonder how sturdy they are in the wind.

jon_wbl

The specific question I had was are the tent style clams hard to pack up after a day of fishing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.