StrikeMaster Tip

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

On augers with the new style of throttles, there is a way ti fix the throttle if it breaks in the field. So if it happens to you, don’t panic. 99/100 if the throttle wire does break it can be simply flipped around so that you can continue on with fishing.

Slide the sleave off throttle wire assembly and flip it around placing the broken end in the sleave side. The wire end pictured is broken at the tip and has been reassembled. Its not a permanent fix as you need to replace the wire entirely upon arriving home.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Nice to know
    With you I can only imagine this break down happens because of excessive use.
    Is ice build up usually the culprit though?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I’m pretty sure its simply because I beat the living daylights out of my augers. Thats the secret, get mad at the auger and you’ll get on fish

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Grow, I was thinking of heading out Sunday Morning. I was wondering if you could punch me about 75-78 holes on the NE Break of Gumby Flat???? This time please at least clear the holes. Last time there was some ice chunks in a few of them. Oh yeah, make sure all 75-78 of them are cleaned and ready to go by 7 am. Thanks!

Nice Tip!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

What are these “dipper” things people are always asking about?

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

What are these “dipper” things people are always asking about?

It’s me.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Thanks for the tip and the help on the ice last weeknd Matt, this post is directly responsible from my throttle breaking. thanks to Matt I was able to finish my day on the ice, otherwise I was on my way to Strikemaster for a fix.

Thanks again and nice tip…

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Remind me not to let Matt use my equipment… Hey, you fishing with us on Sunday?

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Remind me not to let Matt use my equipment… Hey, you fishing with us on Sunday?

It’s gonna be cold on Sunday

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Actually, the flu bug is hitting our house hard right now. 2/3 of the kids have or had it this week. Now the wife is sick. I’m guessing my turn is coming.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Actually, the flu bug is hitting our house hard right now. 2/3 of the kids have or had it this week. Now the wife is sick. I’m guessing my turn is coming.

Sorry to hear that. Drink it out of your system

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Tip for fixing any problem with Jiffy_______________

Oh, that’s right. I have never encountered any.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.