Aerie lake Crappies

• mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

Lance and I didnt feel like going to the permanent house today so we ventured out and took the portable. We headed up to Aerie lake here close to my house in Alborn <southern st. louis county>. We set up off a sand point in about 31 FOW and got the Fl 8’s going. We started off catching crappies that were fairly small on diamond jigs and waxie worms and a few small gills but later turned to buckshot tipped with a minnow head and turned some fairly decent fish. Most of the fish we caught were from 7 to 10 inches with a 10 1/2 being the best of the day. This is a clear lake so my marcum 825c worked great and i had a blast watching the fish actually hit the bait. It was difficult because we were fishing suspended fish but still a blast with the camera. Well it was a good day on the ice and good luck to all.
    Mike

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great job on the specks

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Looks darn tasty to me Mike. Thanks for sharing!!

mike_anderson
    Alborn,Minnesota

Thanks alot! Yes they were tasty. I fish alot of small lake around here and thats about what i usually come up with.. The ido videos with James Holst and Scott Steil have helped me so much its unreal, i recommend that everyone watches them because they know everything about the presentations they talk about and perform.
    Thanks
    Mike

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Great looking crappies there!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.