Trash on the lake

• schlankki
    otsego, mn

The ice season is upon us and I am already picking up after people one crown royale bottle off of Elk lake and a miller high life bottle off of baxter and theres a trash can at the boat launch. The one thing that pisses me off the most is when people are packing up to at night they make sure they have the auger and any other fishing items on the ice then leave the trash behind. If every fisherman picks up after them self then we would have the fishing resources for ever.
    By doing this we would keep the lake associations from complaining when propane bottles, beer bottles etc. keep washing up on shore in the spring time. just my two cents please don’t be slobs its not your house it’s everyones. Thanks

hodge91
    La Crosse WI

I agree, I grabbed a pepsi can and snack wrappers where I was fishing the other day, I have seen the wardens write some littering tickets,can make for an expensive outing

pool-8-lax
    La Crosse Wisconsin

You think ice fisherman are bad try duck hunters. I cant believe the garbage I cleaned up this year. Come on people lets get it together and start taking care of are resources. Dont think of it as your right to hunt and fish because its not it a privilage that should not be taken for granted.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I was out on Baxter Friday open ice fishing and a beer can came whipping across the ice. I looked behind me into the wind and the guy made eye contact with me and then quickly jumped back in his shack. I realize the wind was whipping, but still. Another thing that drives me nuts is cigarette butts on the ice, in the lake, or on the side of the road, but thats a whole other thing. Happy fishing and take some extra liter off this year.

jslsfish4u
    Cold Spring,MN

I hate to be or say anything negative about people and their habits but take care of your trash. You brought it in so take it out It is like some peoples driving habits. Their habits fall into one of the 3 catergories. ARROGANCE,IGNORANCE OR STUPIDITY. There are even a select few who have all of these traits Sorry I blew up.

wkw

Most of those doing it probably can’t read this site.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I know we’re preachin to the choir

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.