Wilcraft Ice Vehicle

• hof
    Rochester, MN

I saw a Wilcraft ice vehicle today. Wow, quite the rig! The vehicle weight is 400 lbs. and has a 600 lb. capacity. It runs on a 8 hp motor. There are hydraulics to move it up and down between 2″ to 11″ off the ground. It has three 10″ fishing holes. The guy driving it said he has been using it all winter and has broken through the ice on several occasions, but is able to drive right out without any problem. I’m not sure of the cost, but I’m sure you probably don’t need one if you have to ask.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

hof
    Rochester, MN

Another pic.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Wow that is really neat.I have never seen one befor.Thanks for sharing.It looks like it could really take alot of work out of ice fishing,and also be handy to get to those hard to get to spots.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I still can’t believe those things can climb back onto the ice after it breaks through. I think you would have to just float around like a bobber until help arrived.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Talked to a guy who sells them up at Mille Lacs a few weeks back. Here are some more Pictures.
    this is 06 model. The 07 is I believe 4 inches wider and a foot longer with dual tires on the rear.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

another

chomps
    Sioux City IA

makes you kind of think! I like the idea, sure would be handy for someone who is handicapped.

birddog
    Mn.

I don’t buy it that they’ll climb out of the ice if they break through, after all, the sales guy at game fair said they wouldn’t if they go all the way through! He did say it would climb out if just the front breaks through, makes sense.

BIRDDOG

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

It can climb out if it breaks through and ends up in the water. I saw it on a promotional video. What they do is you redistribute the weight. This will lift one end of the vehicle so that it could just skive over the ice. And then you raise the wheels on that end so that the wheels are above the ice. (It has an adjustable suspension height .. I think nearly 1 foot) Then you basically power out. They really did think that through. If I had the money and time, I would buy it in a heart beat as it will solve all my ice fishing problems = Transport, Shelter, Storage, Safety.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

So how does it work in a foot and a half of slushy snow?

You could probably buy a good used snowmobile, ATV AND a portable fish house for what one costs.

CrazyOutdoorsmen

I have been out in a Wilcraft demo to fish on Prior lake. We pushed through deep snow, purposly got stuck on a snow bank. It is pretty easy to use and move if you have problems getting it stuck.

Matt

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.