Best Ice rod storage box

• IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Saw a guy show up on the ice last week with a violin case lined with foam. Had two nice st.croix’s snugged in there. I wanted to laugh but I couldn’t after he told me he picked it up at a garage sale for a buck There are some nice cases out there and you really get what you pay for. Would anyone have an idea where I could buy or have made a 6ft.rod case. My gun cases are too short and sick of the rod socks!

Chellowe case would be too small maybe a base. Sorry couldn’t help myself.

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Otter Box hands down is the best. This season I initially bought the Frabill hard case and soon realized that my various in-line reels like the black betty 6061 and eagle claws wouldnt fit. So I sold that one and bought the Otter box. It has worked great ever since and fits everything.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Otter rod box, I have a couple of them. One that mounts to my Monster box and a plain one. I can easily carry four rods a couple extra spools and a couple RC jig boxes. It doesn’t matter how much they cost once I figure how much the contents cost. And for convenience they are second to none.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Quote:

Saw a guy show up on the ice last week with a violin case lined with foam. Had two nice st.croix’s snugged in there. I wanted to laugh but I couldn’t after he told me he picked it up at a garage sale for a buck There are some nice cases out there and you really get what you pay for. Would anyone have an idea where I could buy or have made a 6ft.rod case. My gun cases are too short and sick of the rod socks!

Chellowe case would be too small maybe a base. Sorry couldn’t help myself.

Just fiddling around

Marcum12

Loving my Otter Rod Box so far. 2nd year using it. I have 8 rods in it. But most of them are 28″. It is a little on the big side but I will take that over having my rods break.

I’ve got the Otter and ice fishing advantage rod locker, but my all-time favorite case I have to use is the Lakewood ice pole caddy. I have two of those. It offers quality protection, yet isn’t bulky. One of mine is over 12 Years old and is holding up super. Never broke a rod in one.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.