Favorite rod and reels?

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

Hey so i wasjust gunna try to get a post going on everyones favorite setups?? Pictures or just a list of what u guys use for a setup For your panfish rods.

Ekez

30″ percision noodle from TUCR’s with a Black Betty 6061. Probably could use a 32″ with my new otter lodge. No cons what so ever with the noodle. The reel is not worth 100 bucks, but it works.

For panfish and perch I mostly use Thorne Brother pwr noodles and quiversticks with pflueger trion spinning reels.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

We fish shallow, 10ft or less, so a 5ft. quick tip TUCR with a 6061 black betty is becoming my favorite stick of all time. Set up with a spring indicator and having the slick drag when needed has eliminated all shallow water problems. Feather light too which I love Also had a 5ft 6in.E-glass rod spun up that looks like it will have its place during ice out but haven’t had a chance to test it yet

Quote:

so a 5ft. quick tip TUCR

How thick is the 5′ quicktip blank @ the handle? Do you even need any cork?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Quote:

so a 5ft. quick tip TUCR

How thick is the 5′ quicktip blank @ the handle? Do you even need any cork?

The blank is 5/16″ that tapers to 1/16″. 6″ of 1″ cork. I never got into the split grip-foam-cork handle discussions too much as they all feel good, just what you get use to I suppose. If I were to have one made for a spinning reel I would definetly look into a split grip tho. I did have it made with lightness in mind so the recoill guides were a plus, pricier but worth it.The black betty is mounted dead center on the cork for perfect balance which is the whole deal right there

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Loomis NRX825 with a Shamano Sustain or Stella Reel.
    Sorry,I’m locked into open water thinking right now

bigstorm
    Southern WI

for panfish, I use the St Croix Legend 26″ UL. I switch the spring bobber depending if Im using a tungston jig or regular. My last reel died on it early this year, using a Pflueger Mirco Spin, seems to work well so far

jigmasterflex
    Lake Wissota, Wisconsin

Grizzly 24″ ul with a slaters mini reel, old school, can’t buy the fish, not saying they aren’t nice but a 100 dollar combo isn’t gunna put more fish on the ice

acafisherman19

Love(d) my Frabill Straight Line till I snapped of the top eyelet last Friday.

Michelle1969
    NULL

I love my QT also my perch pounder both great rods!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

My favorite panfish combo has to be my 28″ light cabelas xml ice rod with a pflueger president, the little one, sorry I don’t know the model number. Cabelas quit making the rod 3 or 4 years ago but it is a peach. Spooled up with 3 pound Suffix ice line and a diamond jig, it’s caught a fair share of gills, perch and crappies.

DIRTBALL2
    WARROAD,MN.USA

My favorite rod is a 30″ beauty custom made for me by my buddy “Sand Burr!” The tip is so sensitive that I hardly need to use a spring bobber! The balanced feel it has is a dead giveaway that it was custom made. As for a reel, hand;s down it would be the WaveSpin DHxl! The 10 ball bearing’s make it absolutely butter smooth! The drag on this reel has no comparison! Without a doubt, the finest I’ve ever used! Nary a stick or a bind in it! With the serrated edge on the spool, you will not ever have to deal with a bird’s nest! This outfit is not only functional, it is beautiful to look at! DIRTBALL2

Ron Burgundy
    Utica MN

HT Polar Lite 27″ ML. It has a quick tip and enough back bone to handle more than pannies. I don’t even need a spring bobber for it. $13! I love my 13 Fishing White Noise combo, now that I got a new reel for it. The more you turned the crank, the more the whole arm that spins around the spool would loosen. They sent me a new one, no ?s asked. Smooth reel and the UL? is a little stiffer than a quick tip but its good for small spoons and I could do small jigs too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.