ice fishing bibs

• fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

I’ve searched and read where the Frabill Snosuit is a nice piece of winter wear, but how does it compare to this by Cabela’s? http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-GORE-TEXreg-Guidewearreg-Xtreme-Insulated-Bibs-Regular/1621762.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dguide%2Bwear%2Bbibs%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=guide+wear+bibs&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Not as much insulation? For the price, I don’t think that the differences could be that much, unless the price for the Frabill’s came down to almost that, would others agree?

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

I like the strikemaster bibs personally.

mojogunter

I have an ice armor suit, and a strikemaster suit. The ice armor suit is much better breathing than the strikemaster suit. The strikemaster suit is warm enough, and as long as you aren’t moving around doing something that may cause you to sweat it is fine. I wore it once working outside in could temps but I sweat so much it was crazy. Clothes were soaked. The ice armor is far superior, as is I’m sure the frabil suit, but both are at least double the cost of the strikemaster suit. I should mention that the strikemaster suit I have is from last year, and if they redesigned it for this year my comments aren’t valid.

Quote:

I like the strikemaster bibs personally.

kidfish

I own both the insulated suit and the Cabelas ice fishing suit. I love them both. Personally, I wouldn`t buy any outerwear suit unless it has GoreTex in it. Nothing can compare to this and if there ever is a leak in it, Cabelas usually takes it back no questions asked. Hard to beat that program.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I have heard people talk good about Guidewear but I wouldn’t trade my Snowsuit for anything. Like I have said several times, the only regret I have since I purchased my first Snosuit is that I waited so long to get it…

ghost78
    Minnesota

Nothing compares to the snosuit when it comes to quality and comfort. I love mine

josh-larson
    The cities

Agree… I wouldn’t trade my snosuit for anything!!

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Check these out:
    http://www.strikerice.com/guardian-bibs.html
    They have 50 grams of Thermadex insulation. Seem to be twice as warm as thinsulate. I have fished with these and the paired jacket in single digits without a shack and been plenty warm. The wind doesn’t make it through these at all. And they even FLOAT! They even work spring and fall with less layers. If you layer properly under your gear they will all work. The main thing is to stay dry either from not sweating or having waterproof gear.

shaley
    Milford IA

Quote:

Check these out:
    http://www.strikerice.com/guardian-bibs.html
    They have 50 grams of Thermadex insulation. Seem to be twice as warm as thinsulate. I have fished with these and the paired jacket in single digits without a shack and been plenty warm. The wind doesn’t make it through these at all. And they even FLOAT! They even work spring and fall with less layers. If you layer properly under your gear they will all work. The main thing is to stay dry either from not sweating or having waterproof gear.

Ditto….

fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

Well, found the bargain cave at Cabelas where there was a matching set of the Gore Tex Guidewear Ice Series bibs and jacket, half off of both of them…nothing like saving $300 and while I would really have liked to find out how they match up to the Frabill set, I think I’m going to be alright with this purchase. Thanks to those who chimed in.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.