Jason Mitchell one man shack

• scmelik
    South Dakota

I recently bought a used Jason Mitchell one man shack and yesterday I noticed that when I flip it over it hangs about 6-8″ from the ground. I tried loosening all of the nuts for the poles and that didn’t make any difference at at all. It almost seems like its holding up on something.

Does anyone have one of these, have you noticed the samethig.

castle-rock-clown

Same with my clam kenai. I assembled it in my living room and when took outdoors the fabric contracted due to the much cooler temp and was hanging 4 – 5 inches off the ground. I let it sit outside and refastened the rear strip while in the cold. Flips almost perfect now.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Are you using the support poles?

bigpike

I know with the Clam 1 man I bought it was critical to make sure the material was in the proper location before screwing it into the bracket that holds it to the shack. This was done at full assembly by seeing were the front bar touches the ground, then securing the material. Maybe you didn’t allow enough material before securing it…

slipbobnick
    MN

Is there any straps on the poles? loose is defintley the key myself and anyone who has put one together seems problem is always too tight. haven’t heard of anyone having one to loose yet.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

Are you using the support poles?

No but even that wouldn’t bring it all the way down. The tarp was still relatively loose so I don’t think that’s holding it up although it could be

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I had the same concern when I bought my new otter thermal this winter. Using the support poles solved the problem.

That’ll help stretch out the canvas so it can reach the ice. Worked for my otter. I think once you use it a dozen times or so it’ll stretch out enough where you won’t have to use them.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

I had the same concern when I bought my new otter thermal this winter. Using the support poles solved the problem.

That’ll help stretch out the canvas so it can reach the ice. Worked for my otter. I think once you use it a dozen times or so it’ll stretch out enough where you won’t have to use them.

It already used. I bought it off a guy that used it all last year

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

I had the same problem with clam fish trap 1 man last year.. The only thing I could see and determined was that the material was to short in the back where you attach it to the sled. I had mine as tucked under the strip that you fasten to the sled as much as you could without running out of material to put under the black fastening strip and it still was at least 6″ of ground. I tried everything. It just seems though the material is cut to short.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Best thing you can do is have some material sewn onto the flaps to make them longer if nothing else works. I had to do this to my fathers shack, took it to the local Boat/seat cover place.

mike ice

it may be the fabric isn’t quite adjusted right where it mounts on tub. It took a few tries to get my scout adjusted just right. After the fabric warms and stretches it will drop the front then you can get a final setting.
    Also some of the instructions had an error in assm. pole placement, like 3rd and 4th pole were in wrong place, not sure how you would detrime that though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.