12/21 White Bear GTG

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck out there guys. My rides wife came home early and he found other things to do so Im not going to make it. Maybe next time.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Had a great time yesterday, it was good meeting you guys. I wish the fishing was a little better but that’s why there’s a next time.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe have to try another get together up around Harris or Pine city just to get out of town a little.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Maybe have to try another get together up around Harris or Pine city just to get out of town a little.

I would be up for that, pretty crowded out there.

dbright
    Cambridge

How did you guys do after dark?
    I would be game to join in on another gtg a little further out of town.

tacotom
    Woodbury Mn

I would be in on a trip around Harris. Caught a few 8 inch gills up there today.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

How did you guys do after dark?
    I would be game to join in on another gtg a little further out of town.

We caught a few tiny crappies, 07lowchamp’s son outfished us all and caught a couple nice walleye’s.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Quote:

I’d be up for that.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

So what lake north of the metro would you guys be interested in fishing? Up 35 there is Pokagama, Cross, Fish. Up 65 near Mora is Ann, Fish and a few more. These are just a few I tend to hit every winter so have some idea of where to start out there. Not that I ever get on that big of fish but can usually find a few to keep.

Most of these are within 45 minutes to a hour from the north metro. Easy enough to do a day trip.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I have never fished Pokegama but always wanted to give it a try. Has anyone ever tried Knife lake?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

So what lake north of the metro would you guys be interested in fishing? Up 35 there is Pokagama, Cross, Fish. Up 65 near Mora is Ann, Fish and a few more. These are just a few I tend to hit every winter so have some idea of where to start out there. Not that I ever get on that big of fish but can usually find a few to keep.

Most of these are within 45 minutes to a hour from the north metro. Easy enough to do a day trip.

Mike,I’m not familiar with that area but can sure do some research. Whatever lake you pick I would enjoy fishing. I like the idea of getting away from the crowds, hundreds of drunks kinda ruins the beauty of the winter.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I have never fished Pokegama but always wanted to give it a try. Has anyone ever tried Knife lake?

There are no fish in Knife Lake. Whatever was left behind after the Indians netted it was eaten by the loons, otters and eagles.

I’d be up for any of the aforementioned lakes.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Knife is one lake I have not fished in the winter. Typically stop at Ann or Fish before getting to it.

Anyone have any ice condition reports from up that way. Around cambridge was pretty good last weekend. Just like the north metro. I know if you go to far north (Aitkin) it turns to lots of snow and slush.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Called up to Tall tails bait in pine city for a report. He said 14″s of ice and guys are driving out on Poke. Might have to go check it out this weekend.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

Sounds awesome, let us know.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Has anyone thought about river trip so some of us WI guys could share in the fun…

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

Poke would work for me…

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.