12/21 White Bear GTG

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

So a time yet?
    How is the ice?

I just got back a little bit ago. There are trucks and cars driving out from Bellaire. We got 21 crappies this evening, nothing big. Kept 10 to eat,
    What time works for people? The crappies started about 4:00, before that just a snake and small perch.
    Looks like Johnny got a Walleye!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

If it’s Saturday Dec 21’s I’m tentatively in.

I need to find my auger first.

Poop.

I haven’t found my auger and I have too many irons in the fire. One just got hot.

But I’m sure you guys will get plenty of fishing tips from Pug to fill out your limits.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

We could meet at the access at around 1:00 and stay thru sundown. If anyone needs directions or has questions you can pm me. I look forward to it!
    Scott

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What side of the lake is the beach on

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

It’s on the south side Mike, Bellaire ave and South Shore BLVD.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sounds like fun, I wish I could go.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Sounds like fun, I wish I could go.

We’ll have to do some more, good way to hit different lakes. I tend to become a creature of habit. Sounds like your “home” lake is Medicine…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Sounds like your “home” lake is Medicine…

Dang it! Now I can’t post pictures anymore, I didn’t know I was opening my big mouth that much.

I am thinking about “planning” a GTG on Medicine, but I am not thinking about it until after the New Year. What a dumb phrase. Do I mean after 2014? I digress. And by planning I mean, lets all meet here at this day/time.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I’d like to show up but my ride bailed out on me.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Well when we have the Medicine Lake one, I’ll force BK to pick you up on his way. Yes Brian, you are going.

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I plan on bringing a cooler with adult beverages and some soda to share.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Is there a road that we can drive out on or is it walking out? Just trying to get a idea of how much stuff to bring.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Is there a road that we can drive out on or is it walking out? Just trying to get a idea of how much stuff to bring.

Driving out is easy. I’ll be there a little before 1:00, I have a maroon suburban. Just drive thru the parking lot to the lake and I’ll be down there. I think I sent you a pm that has my cell#

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I’ll be there at the same time. You may recognize me from the highly acclaimed documentary last year on Ice Fishing. I have the same vehicle.
    JOHNNYG Documentary

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I’ll be there at the same time. You may recognize me from the highly acclaimed documentary last year on Ice Fishing. I have the same vehicle.
    JOHNNYG Documentary

Did you mount the Emmy on the hood?

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I just carry it with me, it’s easier to show off that way

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

I’d meet some of you punks there if you’re willing.

dbright
    Cambridge

How many are going Saturday?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

How many are going Saturday?

There’s quite a few so far, don’t have an exact count. Would be happy to see ya out there

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I’d meet some of you punks there if you’re willing.

Hard to turn down a warm offer like that! Hope to see you there Jake

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

I plan on bringing a cooler with adult beverages and some soda to share.

My little propane grill is at the cabin, if anyone has one let me know and I’ll grill dogs for everyone.
    Just to update…We’re having a ice fishing get together tomorrow, 12/21 on White Bear at 1:00. Meeting at Bellaire beach. For those that haven’t been there it’s on the south side at South Shore BLVD and Bellaire AVE. Drive thru the parking lot and I’ll be in a maroon suburban and look like a model for IDO outerwear.

Look forward to meeting everyone

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Is this still safely drivable for a 1/2 ton?

dbright
    Cambridge

If anyone doesn’t want to drive out I can bring my wheeler out and shuttle. Let me know this evening or in the morning

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

I was out on White Bear this morning and measured 15.5″

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Found my ice fishing pole. Nice thing is it still has bait on the hook from last year. Should be set to go for tomorrow.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

Is this still safely drivable for a 1/2 ton?

I just got off the lake an hour ago, full size trucks pulling large shacks.

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

Was out last night seen a few diesel trucks. I walked out but not again after drilling a hole. Lots of ice Might make it but no promises so far day is not going good and a lot af stuff to get done

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

That sounds good my wheeler is at the cabin rite now, ill c if needed when get to the lake…ill have my 4yr old son with so I’m not very comfortable with driving truck out with him in truck so if needed I can help with fuel. Thx

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Quote:

That sounds good my wheeler is at the cabin rite now, ill c if needed when get to the lake…ill have my 4yr old son with so I’m not very comfortable with driving truck out with him in truck so if needed I can help with fuel. Thx

Don’t worry about fuel or anything, whatever we need to do. Look forward to meeting you and your son!

johnnyg105
    Hugo, MN

We’re about to head out. If anybody shows up and wants to meet us text me at 651-894-2346, and I’ll give you directions to us. Tight lines everybody.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.