Hayward Ice Reports

• cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Anyone in the area have a decent ice report? I’m heading up Friday for gun season and am wondering if I should bring ice gear with.

ajs
    Mellen,WI

I live north of Hayward about an hour and we do not have even close to fishable ice but with the forecasted weather maybe just maybe the last weekend of gun season we will on small lakes.

FlambeauVista
    Park Falls, WI

Agreed. We had a skim of ice on the Lake Bastine area of the Turtle-Flambeau Flowage yesterday, but broke open again today. Next weeks temps should start to firm things up, but give it time. A few fish are not worth a life.

curleytail

Agree with the others. I live in Hayward and will be planning to hunt this weekend for sure and probably still next weekend (going to keep using my bow – didn’t even buy a gun license this year!). I haven’t been actively checking the ice but any lakes I drive by have been back and forth between skim ice and no ice, or just a skim in bays.

This coming week looks like it should get most smaller lakes iced over but we’re a ways from walking on it.

Good luck in the woods!

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Thanks guys. I hope to be up Friday before Sundown. Shoot straight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.