Transducer Support Arm

• Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I thought I saw in the post last winter that someone was machining metal transducer arms. Does anyone recall this?

tucrs
    NW Metro

Yes Shane does he should chime in soon. I just purchased some for our shop to sell if you are interested. A very small run I really like them.

I used them all last year and love them!

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Yes Shane does he should chime in soon. I just purchased some for our shop to sell if you are interested. A very small run I really like them.

I used them all last year and love them!

I got mine from him at the end of last year. Didnt get a whole lot of time with it but I absolutely loved it. He even engraved my name in it! They are a must have!

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I just bought the new Vexilar FLX-28 Ultra pack and I’m looking at adding the TSA001 Transducer Support Arm. Like the Marcums, the plastic arm is only going so long.

http://vexilar.com/products/index.php?prodNum=TSA001

Not sure if it would be possible the make this out of metal.

shaley
    Milford IA

Heres mine…

BBKK
    IA

Mine he made me.

Took 2 minutes to remove the old one and install the new.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

whoa, looks like i am late to the party….

yeah, i make aluminum arms for the sonar units (except showdowns). I started doing them last year when i was waiting for my lx-9 to finally get released, figured I would add some bling to it while we were slow at work. I asked around for dimensions one day while i was at work and didn’t have my lx-5 with me, luckily Shaley had his handy and sent me a few dimensions and I was able to make some. After I finished and posted photos, it took off like wildfire.

This year we have been busy as heck at work, so fitting in my government work has been a hassle, so I haven’t actively tried to push out my product. I wanted to try a new thickness design this year, but with the shop being busy, it also limits my R&D time. Currently I make these arms at just a hair under 3/8″ thick, measuring at .365″ . I hollow out the bottom side, and do custom engraving. I believe these arms are actually lighter and stronger than the factory arms. I wasn to try to make some that are around 1/4″ thick, but it might be awhile before I can try that. I make these arms at normal length, 2 inch extended, and 4 inch extended. The 4 inch extended feels really long, it fits into the lx-7 and lx-9 case, but it just seems like overkill. 2 inch extended is about where its at, feels and looks like it was meant to be there in the first place.

I do get requests for powder coating, but I don’t have a supplier for any of that, so I don’t offer it. We have polishing equipment, so we just buff em real good to a shine. We do have some of those swirl things, been meaning to give it a try, they make it look like this…. photo

I had alot of requests from people with birds and vexs, wanting to get away from the float, so i designed a riser and rubber stopper kit for those people to make it work just like a marcum.

The reason I don’t make showdown arms, is because they use a different system to attach it to the base. They could use a normal set of arms and a riser i suppose and it would work I think. But their factory version is a goofy shape on the end of a square tube…..

bee
    Maine

I did one for My Bird last winter. I used a 1 1/8 riser and a 3 1/4 arm. I can swing it in and out and it does not interfear with the Xducer or cable. I first tried the bifold but found the single to work better.

brewerybuilder

That’s a funny coincidence. I just wiped this up in the wood shop yesterday from some scrap black walnut and Brazilian cherry. 15 minutes, a couple quick coats of spray poly, dry overnight, and good to go. $4 for the rubber stop from Marcum.

Attachments:
    1. ducer-arm.jpg

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.