Strikemaster Magnum question

• woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

If I was to purchase a Strikemaster Magnum auger, would a strikemaster shaver blade auger bit work on it? Can I assume that the gear boxes on the Magnum, Lazer mag, and Lazer Pro are all the same and turn the same direction? Having both auger shafts would be nice to have and work on the same powerhead. Thanks for any Input.

-Woody

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I have a pre Solo powerhead Strikemaster but I did just that with no issues. Purchased a MAG2000 and later bought a lazer bit.

Pete

hamms
    Mn

Will work perfect. Powerhead is exactly the same. I had a mag 2000 and got 6″ lazer it was a world of difference!

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Thanks guys, Ill pull the trigger then and get one. How much improvement am I going to get going from a 2hp Tecumseh to a Solo?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Thanks guys, Ill pull the trigger then and get one. How much improvement am I going to get going from a 2hp Tecumseh to a Solo?

I wouldn’t say Night and Day, if they both have equally sharp lazer blades and both are running at their best, you will be impressed by the Solo motor’s power and rpms.

One of the guys I work with has the 2 HP Tecumseh model that was just before the solo with Lazer blades and it cuts really well, but my 2.5 HP Solo makes it look slow. So the 2 HP Solo should be right behind the 2.5 HP Solo

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Magnum but missed a sale and the price went up $40 so went with a Laser (LM8). An extra set of blades was included for $60 more than the Magnum. So a little more power, heat treated gears + extra blades for slightly more than the cost of the blades. Also sent you a PM.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn’t say Night and Day, if they both have equally sharp lazer blades and both are running at their best, you will be impressed by the Solo motor’s power and rpms.

One of the guys I work with has the 2 HP Tecumseh model that was just before the solo with Lazer blades and it cuts really well, but my 2.5 HP Solo makes it look slow. So the 2 HP Solo should be right behind the 2.5 HP Solo

My 2hp Tecumseh alwasys started and ran really well, had no complaints there. What I was always frustrated with was that when drilling it would bogg down, even with new blades. Also, right when the blades were ready to punch through the bottom of the ice the blades would catch and stop drilling. I have been fishing with a fwe guys that have solo’s and they never have any of the problems I have. I’m thinking that the higher RPM’s from the solo and extra torque will take care of my issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.