Mille Lacs Ice Sleepers Mid-Feb

• Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Hey guys, a couple of buddies and I are talking about heading up to Mille Lacs to fish out of a rental sleeper around the weekend of the 15th-16th of February. I was just wondering what you guys would recommend as far as resorts and maybe general location on the lake. I’ve looked at Red Door and Portavilla so far but would like to weigh more options. Value is a big factor for us as most of us aren’t swimming in cash. Thanks!

leadboots72
    Lena Illinois

I used to live on the southeast side of Mille Lacs when I was a kid. My dad loved fishing out of Red Door. I have friends that worked for Portside Resort for years. Portside used to work hard to keep you on the fish if you rented a house from them. I do not know how they are anymore since the original owner sold it. Hunters Point is another good choice on the east side. They are reasonably priced and have good food too! I was up there just last week and they were having issues with ice heaves and pressure cracks opening up on the east side. I do not know much about the resorts or the ice conditions on the west side of the lake. I would definitely inquire about the ice conditions before making too many plans.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would go to Hunters Point that weekend of 2/16. For $10 a button, they have the Great Perch and Pout Hunt A great time and a chance at some great prizes

(the ice will be a non-issue by then)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.