I have to ask…. SnoSuit

• stevedobie
    Central, MN

Dumb question but I have to ask….. Isn’t the Frabill FXE SnoSuit the same as the SnoSuit? 2 different web sites but the same product right?

Frabill FXE SnoSuit
    SnoSuit

If there not the same whats the difference?

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

I do believe so… There is a definite differene in the Frabill Suit and the Snowsuit though.

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

There is a definite differene

What did you see other than the name?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The FXE Snosuit is the newest version and has many improvements over the non-FXE garment. They’re easy to tell apart… just look for the FXE tag and you’ll know you’re looking at the newest model.

The non-FXE version was last made nearly 3 years ago and won’t be widely available unless someone is sitting on old inventory.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

I have the original sno-suit, What sort of significant improvements were made by frabil?? I don’t know of anything that I would change about the original…

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I have the original sno-suit, What sort of significant improvements were made by frabil?? I don’t know of anything that I would change about the original…

Same warmth… lighter by 4# along with some other less significant changes / mods to pockets, cuffs, collars and hoods for a better fit and ergonomics.

The primary change is in the weight as it went from 12# for top and bottom to 8# or so for the new stuff and for the life of me I can’t feel any difference in warmth and it still wears like iron. They accomplished the weight savings by eliminating areas where heavy outer insulation overlapped areas of heavy insulation closer to the body and by using a newer insulation material that had a higher insulation value at a lower weight.

Is the older suit a bad suit? Heavens no. The thing is amazing. But the new FXE version has been improved a bit.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

That makes sense, i suppose there is no such as “too light” as long as the warmth does not take a hit. Good info to know, thanks!

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Thanks guys. This was really helpful. I bought a FXE at the show but wanted to make sure I got the right one.

siclone
    W. Lakeland

I could not pull the trigger, on Friday and Sunday, on a matching FXE SnoSuit jacket to go with the bibs, at the show last weekend, despite the great price. Could not get past the short cut and extra long sleeves. Looking forward to using the bibs very soon though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.