my ice fishing “investment”

• russ0101
    Brooklyn Park, mn

Gentlemen,

Made my first “investment” of the ice season…..kinda. I was coming home from work last night and a guy down the block was putting out some stuff at the end of his driveway as free stuff. In said pile, was a dual burner (6, 12, 18, 24, 48k btu) sunflower heater with half a tank of propane. SCORE!! It is the old style of tank, but hey…..a free heater. Booya.

Remember to get your augers started and running while it is still warm out…..they are getting a lil lonely packed away. And to check your batteries on your vexilar/marcum/humminbird…..i’ve had mine on a tender most of the summer.

The season is coming……although we still have time this fall for the softwater, but never too early to think ahead.

bgurskis

Be careful with starting your augers now using summer blend fuel. Most augers require using winter blend fuel which is usually not available until Nov. 1st.

siclone
    W. Lakeland

Does that even matter if you only use non-oxy gas? I emptied all my gas out and an it until it died by itself.

Also, I was bummed to find my FL20 ultra-pack battery completely dead. I forgot to disconnect the plug, even though the master switch was set to “Off.” Doesn’t charge at all now… The disconnected batteries with my FL8 and LX5 were both at 100%.

bgurskis

FWA,

The info. below is out of the Strikemaster user manual:

Fuel
    • Use unleaded regular, unleaded premium or non oxygenated premium fuel. Do not use fuel with less than an octane rating of 87. For peak performance use an unleaded premium fuel.
    • Do not use leaded fuel or E85.
    • FUEL MUST BE FRESH AND CLEAN. NEVER use fuel left over from last season or fuel that has been stored more than 30 days. Do not use summer blend fuel; only use winter blend fuel available after November 1st.
    • Unsuitable fuel or deviations in mixing ratio may lead to serious engine damage which is not covered under warranty.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Fish ‘n Hunt is right on! Fuel-related problems account for the vast majority of engine issues with any auger, and it’s just good practice to get used to using fresh winter-blend fuel. Your auger will run better, and you’ll have less issues when you need it most.

Joel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.