Ice fishing starts today.

• bigpike

Pretty sure I’ll have three out this afternoon. About 10 days earlier than last year. Not sure it will last but the ice is here and I’m gonna fish it. Pictures coming soon. Meanwhile a couple from first ice last year – November 6th to warm us up!

Attachments:
    1. 20191106_170210.jpg

2. 20191106_170133.jpg

Sylvanboat

I live near Chicago. We got a little snow yesterday. Hoping for a real winter this year.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Be careful BP. Don’t want this to be an ice recovery.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

BP, where are you located? Good luck- be safe.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Love it, can’t wait for early ice. Going to hit northeastern MN first weekend in December. Last year we were cautious, but overjoyed to find a consistent 7″ of ice on the water we were targeting!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3rdtryguy wrote:</div>
    BP, where are you located? Good luck- be safe.

I believe he’s in northern Wisconsin.
    DT

I believe he’s somewhere between Prentice and Park Falls, so I’ll go with Phillips area.

I remember when he posted those pics last year and I was at work when I saw them. And I was impressed if not a bit envious.

I think he described his location as a shallow back bay, ideal to form early ice and I thought he described it as not even being over his head if he happen to fall through.

Would still be a cold plunge but I’ll wager he’s done it enough times he knows when it’s relatively safe enough to tiptoe out.

Matt Waste

Where where where? Im jealous. I don’t even summer fish, I live for ice fishing!!!!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think you may luck out and the ice may last. It looks like the forecast for the next 10 days in your area has nightly lows all below 32 with some nights dipping into the low 20’s and daytime highs around mid to upper 30’s – You may luck out and keep the ice you have.

bigpike

Andy is spot on. Unfortunately I have jumped the gun a bit. Still not enough ice even for me.
    Maybe tomorrow or the next day. The fish will have to wait…..I will have October ice!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.