I was breeding for the government- Stu West

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

If the authorities catch wind of someone miss treating chickens, pigs or cows they will get the same treatment as Stu West.

-J.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Agreed and fully support your comment(s) Jon.
    Just that some people don’t treat their animals the same as you or I. And the laws are very vague, which allows treatment many would consider poor or inhumane.
    CAFO (Confined Animal Feeding Operations) is an example.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Like it or not, people in this country value how their pet is treated more than how their dinner was. Fact… sleep with a chicken in your bed and it becomes your pet, then you have cosmetic issues.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I hope none of you ever go to a dairy, hog, turkey, or chicken farm. Let alone a slaughter house.

Maybe I’m naïve, since all the dairy, hog, turkey and chicken farms I’ve been to in MN treat their animals significantly better than what this guy is alleged to have done with his dogs. But I’d have a problem with them treating my dinner that way too.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Change.org
    Trending petition

Capt Brian — There’s a petition taking off on Change.org started by Crate Free Illinois.org, and we think you might be interested in signing it.

Petitioning Matt Sloan, Allison Mochizuki, Jon Basalone, Steven Haro, Mark Massaro
    Tell Trader Joe’s to Go 100% Gestation Crate Free

“Many of us are loyal Trader Joe’s shoppers who appreciate the grocery chain’s healthy low-priced foods, upbeat atmosphere, and superior customer service. That’s why it is especially disheartening to learn that unlike every other major grocer in the U.S., Trader Joe’s still doesn’t have a policy to eliminate gestation crates from its supply chain.

Please sign our petition. Urge Trader Joe’s to take the humane road like so many others and commit to a 100% gestation crate free supply chain.

Gestation crates are widely recognized as cruel and inhumane. They confine breeding pigs throughout their 4 month pregnancy in a space so tiny it’s roughly the same size as the animals’ bodies. The crate is so narrow it prevents them from even turning around. The pigs are subsequently transferred into another crate to give birth, are then re-impregnated and put back into a gestation crate. This inhumane cycle repeats, pregnancy after pregnancy, for virtually their entire lives, adding up to years of immobilization.

Almost every major company in the food industry—from restaurants like McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s, Cracker Barrel, and Quiznos to retailers such as Costco, Whole Foods, Kroger’s and Walmart—have recognized the need to catch up to public opinion and end the use of gestation crates. Please ask Trader Joe’s do the same.”

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I tell you free range chicken is worth the extra money and I’m no organic fan.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I stand behind Stew in support of him. I let him down as freind.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

sleep with a chicken in your bed and it becomes your pet

Oh, Wholly Carp! I can’t believe that the internet police have not intervened here!

Sleeping with chickens shock in your bed, seems a bit kinkie to me but to you’all I’m a southerner. jester

What kind of a chicken plucker are you? devil

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Denny, we need to bring you out of the corn field more often. ;)

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    sleep with a chicken in your bed and it becomes your pet

Oh, Wholly Carp! I can’t believe that the internet police have not intervened here!

Sleeping with chickens shock in your bed, seems a bit kinkie to me but to you’all I’m a southerner. jester

What kind of a chicken plucker are you? devil

We had 5 chickens in our backyard for several years. Time to time one would stop laying or get sick and we weren’t interested in butchering so we’d re-home them and bring in a new bird to the flock. Usually this meant the chicken would be going into somebody’s stew, but we learned quickly not to advertise the free chicken on Craigslist after being confronted and harassed in our own backyard by a nut-job who runs a chicken rescue non-profit in Mpls. I’m fairly sure she sleeps with them. They run free all over inside her house.

reelman
    Inactive

Nothing these two Clowns collaborated on,excuses the way those dogs were treated.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.