I remember why some people don't like fisherman

• bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

After watching this video I remember how walleyes get mishandled especially in summer (warm water temps) and why some of us get a bad rap because of guys like this. Fishing 3 lines leaving fish on the ice to catch another and leaving fish hanging on one line to jig his other rod. Frustrating to watch.

skinnywater

The real crime is too many idiots with Go Pro’s.

But yeah that guy is a genuine turd

404 ERROR
    MN

Wow…It doesn’t matter if the third line is barely below the ice, it’s still a third line…I wonder what a DNR officer would say about leaving a fish below the slot on the ice while trying to catch another…that could easily be interpreted as him keeping that fish…

Bass_attack

Seems like it is only the people that care solely about taking fish home to eat are the losers who treat fish like crap. The reason he left them on the ice for so long was so he could get a double and then measure to see if he got a meal. Not saying there is anyrhing wrong with keeping fish but why leave them on the ice while you fumble around with your other line, go pro, cell phone, and measuring board. Its not to hard to estimate a 19 to 21 before you measure anyways.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

You guys come on… not everyone is born with fish etiquette knowledge. When I take clients experienced or not some have no idea how to handle fish or that fish need to go back right away. I hope someone informs this guy but don’t start name calling because he had fun and wanted to share his trip with others. Is he wrong? yes! but someone taught me right and wrong at one time, unless you guys were indeed born with this knowledge? Feel free to comment on this video politely and maybe he’ll learn and be a better sportsman because of it. Cheer up fish are biting…

David Blais

I hear ya! All these guys posting summer pictures holding big walleyes up out of the water… i can bet those Bigger fish posing for pictures are in worse shape then those little walleyes sitting on the ice for a few minutes..

If your not sure what I’m taking about, check out bowtecmike’s activity.

Your claiming to be a better sportsmen then the guy in the video, but are you really?

I’m not trying to be the a hole here, but everyone’s view of the perfect sportsman is different

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

A little overreaction I think. The guy was on a school and doing his best. If anything he should’ve went to just using a jigging rod. I bet those fish are just fine.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

A little overreaction I think. The guy was on a school and doing his best. If anything he should’ve went to just using a jigging rod. I bet those fish are just fine.

Agree. Only thing that stuck out to me was the three lines…jigging rod, dead stick and tipup. Ive seen fish out of the water much longer for pics. I would’ve gone to one rod so I could enjoy myself. Don’t need the Chinese fire drill stuff.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

I hear ya! All these guys posting summer pictures holding big <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes up out of the water… i can bet those Bigger fish posing for pictures are in worse shape then those little <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes sitting on the ice for a few minutes..

If your not sure what I’m taking about, check out bowtecmike’s activity.

Your claiming to be a better sportsmen then the guy in the video, but are you really?

I’m not trying to be the a hole here, but everyone’s view of the perfect sportsman is different

Pm sent Dave would love to have a conversation about my fishing etiquette.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.