Covert problems

• protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

I just got a Covert MP6 and set it out for 3-4 days to test out the video mode. I set the video length for 10 seconds with 5 seconds intervals between triggers. I got about 60 videos in 3-4 days, but the video lengths are 2-4 seconds, especially at night Some daytime videos are 10 seconds, but 90% of them are 2-4. Is there something i need to do differently with the settings, or should i fill out the warranty card and contact Covert?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sounds like a quick email/call to Covert is in order.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

I would call Covert. You might even recognize who answers the phone…..

coppertop
    Central MN

Pro, I quit using video mode in all my cams due to them spooking deer and have never used video mode on my Coverts but in my other brands my vids were always cut short in cold weather especially at night. If you can bring it in,warm it up and set it up in your house, chances are you’ll get your full length vid. 10 secs is pretty short to beging with. I always had mine set @ 20 secs so even if they were cut short I’d still be able to catch some of it. Hope this helps???

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Quote:

Pro, I quit using video mode in all my cams due to them spooking deer and have never used video mode on my Coverts but in my other brands my vids were always cut short in cold weather especially at night. If you can bring it in,warm it up and set it up in your house, chances are you’ll get your full length vid. 10 secs is pretty short to beging with. I always had mine set @ 20 secs so even if they were cut short I’d still be able to catch some of it. Hope this helps???

I set it out sunday 12/23-12/26 and xmas day morning it was almost -5 degrees I’ll test it inside and see if that helps

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I would call Covert. You might even recognize who answers the phone…..

Amen , Give them a call and ask for Pat Howard he is working for them now . He will help you out and give you any info you need .. I don’t have any video cams from them yet but the Covert cams I do have and buds have love them

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I contacted covert last night. The mp6 set up for short video’s in cold weather has been a problem. I agree with randy
    video’s spook deer! I have scout guards and moultrie they all do the same thing in cold weather. But they said feel free to give them a call. all of our cams are set to pic mode just before the season begins.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Quote:

I agree with randy
    video’s spook deer! I have scout guards and moultrie they all do the same thing in cold weather. But they said feel free to give them a call. all of our cams are set to pic mode just before the season begins.

Im curious as to why you think so? Even with the IR? Since August, I’ve put my Cuddeback Attack and other cameras 5-6 feet off the ground and angled them down so that the deer don’t see them. Just one strategy that i’ve found that works!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Sounds like you may have some answers..

I LOVE my COVERT!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.