ND

• marsh_monster
    Metro

Since its been pretty slow on hunting reports, Ill do some talking about my trip out to Nodak for some snows! Left the cities around 10am on thur and made it out to the Windsor area around 3, which gave us some time to scout. We had a few tips from a friend so the scouting didnt take very long. By fri morn we were set up and ready to do some stackin! After the morn hunt we ended up with 30birds for 7 guys and left the field for a some much needed napping. Took to the field in the evening and came up with only ten…Seemed the adults were dominating the flocks which created some problems for us.(Educated birds are a pain! ) To our luck there was a massive push over night and to our benefit the migration brought us our prized juvies! Sat morn we stacked 40 for 8guys, and that evening we killed another 37. Overall we saw more birds then then a person could wish for! You truely dont understand the size of this migration until you are sitting under it. This kind of trip is definitely something everyone should expierence at least once in their life.
    PS: just a few pics that were snapped all through the weekend!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great job. Looks like a blast.

todders
    Shoreview, MN

That is a LOT of action!!! I know nothing about this type of hunting but it would be impossible to not enjoy what you are doing with action like that. Awesome stuff, thanks for sharing!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Very cool! Thanks for the report, my brother is out there for two weeks. In the dakotas somewhere just following the migration. Glad to see it went well for you, I know he raves about it every year.

Joel

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

How are they for table fare? Sounds like you have a lot to deal with.

marsh_monster
    Metro

Quote:

How are they for table fare? Sounds like you have a lot to deal with.

Personally I dont really care for them…Yeah I know it sounds bad but the guys in our hunting party take them and make sausage which isnt horrible. Ive made jerky as well which turned out ok. Its nice to have friends who really like them

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats on your successful ND hunt! Thanks for sharing it with us!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Great post! Thanks for sharing. I’ve wanted to do the spring hunt for forever but have never made it happen. I grew up out there and I know what it looks and feels like. Flocks of birds that stretch as far as you can see, and that’s quite a ways out there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.