Climber

• marsh_monster
    Metro

Thinking about getting into a climber for some public ground use. I know of some areas that get next to no pressure and hold good numbers of deer. These areas wont really work for a ground blind due to thick cover and the only way I see it is to pick up a climber…Advice on the dos and donts of climbers would be a big help. Ive been looking at summit since they seem to be the go to stand, and the price fits me fine. Just looking for an experts view. Thanks!

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I have had several climbers and I agree with Justin spend the extra money and get a Lone Wolfe. I don’t use mine anymore so if you are interested send me a PM.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

I got the Lonewolf handclimber…Its quiet, comfortable, light, and durable…I like it. I would obviously like a hangon that stays in the tree but for public land or just a quick quiet change mid season the lonewolf rocks…good luck..Jay

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Lone wolf hands down. Get the wide version, when ive got a lot of clothes on the normal one is a little tight. ive tried to cut back and started drinking busch light so maybe that will help

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Forgot to mention i have the sit and climb.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I am partial to the summit line. I have the viper

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I get there are some obvious items a person would require in a stand. Quiet, comfy and safe come to mind right away. However, what other items are you looking for in a climber?

marsh_monster
    Metro

Quote:

I get there are some obvious items a person would require in a stand. Quiet, comfy and safe come to mind right away. However, what other items are you looking for in a climber?

All the above as well as portable, but between Summit and Lonewolf I know the lighter of the two is going to be Lonewolf…Ive checked out the specs. Aside from the two big brands mentioned, are there any other brands that would be worth looking at?

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Quote:

I am partial to the summit line. I have the viper

X2, I love my viper!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.