Go Muddy Question

• budaman
    North Metro, MN

I finally broke down and bought the Go Muddy harness. But I have a dumb question for you guys that are using it….

The harness itself is easy, but I have a question about the strap that goes around the tree. My tree stap has a loop on each end…do I just loop that around the tree and put one of the carabeaners through both loops, then tighten it down? I read the instructions, but they aren’t real clear on that portion. Seems like there should be a better way…

I’m happy to finally be hunting safer, just want to make sure I’m using it correctly.

witte
    West Salem, WI

If I remember correctly – attach carabeaner to 1 end. Put strap around tree and put carabeaner through loop on other end. Pull and it should be nice and tight on the tree.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I’m not sure I understand you completely but hope this helps. The rope with the prussic knot is for using the harness as a lineman’s belt. The black strap that secures tightly to the tree is for actually using it as a harness. I use the rope with the prussic knot in stands with a limb above me. I just loop it around the tree above the limb and adjust the knot accordingly. Congrats on buying the best harness on the market…

budaman
    North Metro, MN

Thanks guys. I guess all the other ones I’ve seen have always strapped to the tree with some sort of buckle system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.