Trail Cameras getting busted

• jt_fish

Is it common for deer to know they are getting thier picture taken. A lot of my pictures the deer is looking right at the camera (usually the 2nd or 3rd in a burst). I don’t know how they know, I can’t tell when the camera is taking a picture. This goes for daylight or night. It is an infrared camera (Bushnell).

Is there something I can do to prevent this?

big_g
    Isle, MN

It may be making the tiniest of sound… that the deer pick up on…??? I know my Cudde..flashes a little red light before it shoots

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I still have good hearing, I hear a standard digital camera when its turned on, a high frequency electronic. Sound similar to a tv screen, next round of checks the flashs will be turned offon my camsand I will still get a ton of pics of them right up in the cam looking at it

coppertop
    Central MN

I also run 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams and have videos of deer staring at the red lights at night, some backing up and some look at the lights and run for the hills. I can get multiple pics of the same deer w/ my flash cams so I’m begining to think the constant red lights affect them more????

bigbuckdown
    WI

I worked at fleet farm this past summer. A sales rep for bushnell was taking to me about infrared cameras, and he said that before an infrared camera takes a picture, the shutter has to open…this produces a small clicking sound that is noticable, especially to the deer. They look at te camera and bam…SMILE!!! Then you get your pic. I never knew any of this until he told me.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

I worked at fleet farm this past summer. A sales rep for bushnell was taking to me about infrared cameras, and he said that before an infrared camera takes a picture, the shutter has to open…this produces a small clicking sound that is noticable, especially to the deer. They look at te camera and bam…SMILE!!! Then you get your pic. I never knew any of this until he told me.

some cameras are very noisy when going from Daylight to IR I sometimes hear it when i am checking a camera in the house. As far as videos go I have slowly been changing all mine back to pics only, that way there is just a short time for them to notice the IR verses setting a camera up for a 10-30 second video. as far as flash cameras A quick bright flash like the cuddy back seems to spook way less deer than the cheaper cameras. I swore i would never use another flash camera after using the old wildview flash cameras! But my son bought a newer cuddy flash camera and it doesn’t seem to spook them like the old flash cameras.

lick

I agree both my Primos cameras “clunk” when triggered causing the deer to look right at them

Not so much with the cudde flash

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.