Bear River Tree Stands

• re-tired
    wi

PRIOR TO THAT IT WAS THE VIVIF AND THEN A CHEAP KNOCK OFF CALLED A FIFI. BOTH CAUGHT FISH BUT WERE NOT REAL DURABLE.

bigefish
    Rock Falls, WI.

I remember’em It’s not a swimbait craze it’s a fad

bigefish
    Rock Falls, WI.

I have the new Berkley Powerbait hollow body swim bait in gizzard shad color. $9.95 for 3 baits weighted hook,1/8 oz. bullet weight,split ring,treble hook. I sure hope I get the next WW LMB/SMB ON ONE OF ‘EM…LIKE GOLD
    sucker like many of my fellow fishermen..until you get the next record fish on one

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

PRIOR TO THAT IT WAS THE VIVIF AND THEN A CHEAP KNOCK OFF CALLED A FIFI. BOTH CAUGHT FISH BUT WERE NOT REAL DURABLE.

Prior to that it was called pork rind and still more durable that anything currently available in plastic…its still available from Uncle Josh and WAAAAY CHEAPER!!!

showags
    Hastings, MN

My favorite lure growing up was a Vibra Tail that was Yellowish with black stripes. Not even sure if it was the name brand, but I used to catch fish on it none-the-less. That was back when I would throw as much stuff on the end of my line as I could.

KTERSINAR
    marion IA

The best old swim bait by unclejosh was called a springlizzard pup it was about 3inches long and fish could not abuse it at all. Also it made a great trailer for a live rubber jig. That was the hot bait back in the 80,s in Kansas.

Jay Jones
    Onalaska Wi

You are correct

robby
    Quad Cities

Quote:

Quote:

Prior to that it was called pork rind and still more durable that anything currently available in plastic…its still available from Uncle Josh and WAAAAY CHEAPER!!!

And…..The old Strike King Pork-O. LOL. Good baits, easy to fish, caught fish, but…the fad at the time these came out was power fishing.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

Anybody know what happened to Bear River tree stands? I have 3 of their ladder stands and a couple of their portable stands and they have been good. I got them about 10 years ago.

I’ve googled them and don’t find anything and nobody seems to sell them. They must have went out of business. Too bad if true. They made a nice treestand.

pelzel12
    Plum City WI

Never heard of bear river tree stands. Maybe Rivers edge tree stands.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

No…they were called Bear River. There are so many different companies out there it hard to keep them straight but I know the ones I’m referring to were bear river.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I remember Bear River Treestands. They used to make a portable hang on stand called the “Grizzly”. I also know that Ameristep now sells Grizzly stands so I’m not sure if Bear River sold out to them.

You also may want to check out the tree stands from Muddy Outdoors . I had a chance to hunt with them this fall and was really impressed!

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Brad, do you know where these treestands are made? I am in the market for 2 new stands but refuse to buy anything not made in the USA if I can.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry – they are made in China.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.