Bushnell Trophy false triggers??????

• dan-tessmann
    Kieler, Wis

blood knot. i use this alot walleye fishing. i use 12 lb. power-pro and attach a 3 foot leader of flourocarbon. super strong and have never broke a fish off.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I also use the blood knot, here is a link to some great knots as well as how to tie them.

Blood knot

Ron

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I like the back to back uni knot. Just recently finished tying one, its a bit tedious to tie and a certainly a challenge to one’s manual dexterity, however a good knot in my IMHO!

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Here is a knot I found that seems to be working very well for me, and very easy to tie

Seagar Knot

Edited to add…..Good God Almighty I can`t beleive I got a link to work….Just call me computer savy.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I agree on the back to back uni never had a problem with this not

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Back to back uni or uni to uni as I have always called it is the way to go when tying to lines together. Small knot, never had a problem and works with any lines.

rangerski
    North Metro

Uni knot gets the cake for me, simple and a self tightening knot

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I tie the back to back uni knot to connect mono to braid.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I like the back to back uni knot. Just recently finished tying one, its a bit tedious to tie and a certainly a challenge to one’s manual dexterity, however a good knot in my IMHO!

Tying your shoe Jacker challenges your manual dexterity!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Tying your shoe Jacker challenges your manual dexterity!

Truth be known, tying my shoe also challenges my mental dexterity! Quit pickin’ on me Chappy!

coppertop
    Central MN

I have owned a Bushnell Trophy for a month now. So far I have had it placed IN the woods on a trail and on a mineral site. I would say 75% of my pics are of nothing at all. Not sure if it is a wind issue or what. Lots of pics are taken at night also when the wind is usually less. Not sure if I’ve got a lemon or if others are having this same issue. I have had Cuddes for years and have not had this many blank pics. Sure is dissapointing to go through 400+ pics to only have 75 with deer in them. Any suggestions? Thanks, Randy

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I don’t own a Bushnell trophy, but have gotten quite a few false triggers at certain times. For me, it’s typically from some unseen taller grass near the camera on windy days. That or sunlight. When the camera is placed facing the sun, even quartering towards, I get alot more false trips.

There’s always squirrels, chipmunks, coon, etc as well! Falling leaves in my neck of the woods gets a few pics too with all the larger ashes and walnuts.

Joel

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Joel shared some very good tips. I also believe that camera has a trigger sensitivity setting. Maybe something to check out and play with. I have two of those cameras and had one camera out for a month and don’t’ think I had one false trigger. Brad has had both of them since. One in Buffalo County & the other over bear bait I think.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Randy..just a thought but when I first set my cuddes out too, I had alot of empty pics ??? I turned the sensitivity down and that took care of it… BTW.. it was crows that I suspect were triggering mine….

coppertop
    Central MN

Thanks guys! So I grabbed my cam off the tree on the way to my stand so I could tinker with the menu. Wouldn’t you know it, I dropped one of my sd cards of my stand. What’s next, oh yeah, I tried to get through Cuddeback customer service today for 2 hours. My camera luck has been terrible this year!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sorry to hear abot the string of bad luck Copper.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Thanks guys! So I grabbed my cam off the tree on the way to my stand so I could tinker with the menu. Wouldn’t you know it, I dropped one of my sd cards of my stand. What’s next, oh yeah, I tried to get through Cuddeback customer service today for 2 hours. My camera luck has been terrible this year!

Better call Bushnell… Cuddebacks gonna tell you, you should have got one of theirs…..

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Don’t own a bushnell but I have two Wildview and One Moultrie and they both have plenty of false triggers I just figured something come by to fast to catch

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.